IGNORED

What Is Classic Gaming's Greatest Need?

The Retrotink 2x seems like a really good compromise. Composite and S-Video along with Component gives a good selection of inputs (and thanks to HD Retrovision, component video is everywhere), and simple line doubling makes it simple. It won't be the highest-quality like the OSSC, but it's lag free and it's not trying to deinterlace 240p signals. For $100 that's pretty great. Even with S-Video, all the YouTube vids I've seen have been excellent. An SNES with S-video on one of those things should be the color space you remember and sharpness you can enjoy.

The OSSC needs a 2.0 version that outputs at UHD resolutions and does 9x pixel scaling. 2160 is a perfect fit for 240x9. The very large number of pixels means you can have any integer of scaling you want for (near) perfect aspect ratios. 9x9 for 320px-wide consoles or 11x9 for 256px-wide consoles. Unfortunately it needs to be 11.25x9 to get it exact. I think it's just lines of color being stretched so it doesn't need to be exact anyway.

Edited by derFunkenstein

Quality FPGA solutions that work at 1080p and accept original cartridges, controllers and accessories

High quality newly-made wired controllers for classic consoles

A audio/video capture device that can accept fractional refresh rates up from 50-70Hz vertical and 15-31KHz horizontal without freaking out, analog RGB (separate sync, composite sync, luma as sync, composite as sync, sync on green), digital RGB, component video, s-video and composite video.

More Optical Drive Emulators (PC CD-ROM, Sega CD)

• Like 1

I'd like to see more independent Dreamcast games that aren't SHMUPs or puzzle games. Ports of older PC games are admirable, but I wish they'd put that effort towards something more unique. Xeno Crisis looks cool though and I'm still waiting for SLaVE, which I pre-ordered like three years ago. I wish I could find a guide for dummies like me that have never programmed a game before so I can make something myself for the lovely system.

• Like 2