Photo

Altirra: How to Turn off On-Screen Indicators?

5 replies to this topic

#1 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• 1,745 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:55 PM

How do I turn off the on-screen indicators in Altirra?

I'm making videos, and it's annoying to see the indicator show up, for instance, whenever the drive is accessed.  I don't want to see any of the following indicators:

Altirra On-Screen Indicators.gif

There must be a simple way to turn these indicators off, but I can't find it.

Ada

#2 MrFish ONLINE  

MrFish

Quadrunner

• 5,008 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:45 PM

[Edit: Nevermind. I didn't read your post through. I thought you were asking about getting rid of disk sector number too, but you weren't.]

On the subject mentioned. The indicators are all useful, but I wish they weren't displayed in front of Atari screen graphics.

It'd be nice to relegate them to some alloted space elsewhere in the window (like some kind of notification/information

area/space at the bottom of the window. Kind of like where Atari800WinPLus has it's speed indicator and icons. It'd be

nice if some of Altirra's most used functions were iconed down there too...).

Edited by MrFish, Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:59 PM.

#3 Mclaneinc OFFLINE  

Mclaneinc

Quadrunner

• 6,052 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:36 PM

I don't think there is a way to do it (not show the inbuilt indicators as mentioned), I've rechecked all the shortcuts and the command lines so unless there's a hidden one that Avery has not mentioned then maybe you could use Avery's other wonderful program Virtualdub to recode / change the video..(if it allows that sort of edit)

As MrFish says, they are really handy, things like the sector counter (which can be toggled) are handy for where a drive is hitting an error etc..

Edited by Mclaneinc, Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:39 PM.

#4 flashjazzcat OFFLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 13,916 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:44 PM

The indicators aren't superimposed over video recorded using Altirra's built-in recorder though, are they?

#5 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,745 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:18 PM

The indicators aren't superimposed over video recorded using Altirra's built-in recorder though, are they?

No, the indicators aren't recorded if you create an avi file from within Altirra itself.  However, I'm recording voiceover with OBS and fullscreen, so the on-screen indicators are shown there.

Ada

#6 flashjazzcat OFFLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 13,916 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 5:02 PM

You could use extended borders on the Altirra display and crop the OBS capture window. I don't think the OSD obscures anything important.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users