Photo

what controller are you guys using on Zippy the porcupine

9 replies to this topic

#1 chewy OFFLINE  

chewy

Space Invader

• 43 posts

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 PM

wow, its amazing.  Im using my Tac-2 joystick, but should i get one of those 5 dollar sega genesis knockoff joypads for it?  how are you guys playing this game? 

#2 chewy OFFLINE  

chewy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:42 PM

i also was impressed with the packaging

#3 chewy OFFLINE  

chewy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:46 PM

what did the designer intend?  its atari, so ive always favored joystick, but it IS zippy the porcupine, so im a little conflicted.  which do you prefer?

#4 chewy OFFLINE  

chewy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:42 PM

KNOCKOFF GENESIS CONTROLLER IS GONNA BE RAD FOR THIS GAME- I HESITATE TO USE IT ON ANY OTHERS FOR AUTHENTICITY SAKE, BUT THIS IS WORKING RT NOW-- just got it

#5 chewy OFFLINE  

chewy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:43 PM

to tell you the truth it really feels like the original more now

#6 chewy OFFLINE  

chewy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:45 PM

and for the 1st time ever im it feels like im playing a """""real"""" video game on the atari.  im only 37 dog, nintendo and sega genesis were the 1st boxes i tried.  in the early 90s i was "aware" of atari but it was this far away mysterious other thing i only heard of in passing

#7 MrBeefy ONLINE  

MrBeefy

Stargunner

• 1,112 posts

Posted Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:59 AM

and for the 1st time ever im it feels like im playing a """""real"""" video game on the atari.  im only 37 dog, nintendo and sega genesis were the 1st boxes i tried.  in the early 90s i was "aware" of atari but it was this far away mysterious other thing i only heard of in passing

This and Princess Rescue were cool to see what Mario and Sonic would be like on the Atari. If you haven't played much Atari you have been missing out on a bunch of stuff. There are some great homebrews. Sounds like you like platformers. Might try Panky the Panda.

#8 chewy OFFLINE  

chewy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:07 AM

good rec- thx!

#9 chewy OFFLINE  

chewy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Yesterday, 6:53 PM

the $5 generic sega genesis controller is far and away the best controller for zippy AND i tried it on "KUNG FU MASTER"-- a million times better than joystick.  i have a tac 2- but even on that, the buttons are still inferior.  plus the way you hold controller vs joystick, elimaes alot of the button fatigue.  i am still 100% for joystick for "STARGATE" but certain, espically late period games im a convert to the controller.  

#10 chewy OFFLINE  

chewy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts

Posted Today, 2:36 AM

actually the $5 one broke in 2 days but now the sega offical genesis controller is rocking my world- these games are finally playable

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users