IGNORED

Atari 2600 light 6 switch... What is causing this issue ?

TheCoolDave

Hey all,

Sorting through my 2600 machines, my light 6 switch one is in the best shape body wise, so it's the one I want to use for my collection.

I pulled it apart, cleaned it up, looks like new.

The issue is, when I hook it up, it flashes static.

Like in this video ( just created).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtqJYbxXsY

Power block is OEM, tried it on a 4 switch 2600 and it works perfect.

Any idea ?

Edited by TheCoolDave

Have you tried another TV? Try a different TV if you can. Is this console A/V modded and if so are you using A/V or RF and if A/V try RF and if RF try A/V as well.

Tried a 4 switch 2600 using the same power cord to the same TV, it works perfect. I don't think it's the TV. RIGHT now, I am only using RF, I was going to S-video mod this 6 switch because the case looks brand new (it's impressively clean), the 4 switch is all scratched up and paint is faded off...

The TV I am using is a LG 1080p TV (with no stand, as you can see in the video) been using this TV to test consoles....over 25 have been connected to this TV from Component, S-video, Composite and about 10 using RF. Only problems were because there was a problem with the consoles (about 4 gave me issues)

The end goal is to get this 6 switch as my primary console. As this looks like a RF issue, I've been suggested to just A/V mod it and by pass the RF...not sure if that will fix it.

Edited by TheCoolDave

• 2 weeks later...