IGNORED

Achievement Unlocked: The 125

the1hatman

How can you tell the early releases? To me that box looks like the one you posted.. ? Just curious..

He means the Mattel versions (early) vs the Intellivision Inc versions (later). You can't tell from the spines, but the backs should say either Mattel Electronics or Intellivision Inc. There's also the white labels and manuals for Intellivision Inc. Here's an example of the Mattel box:

https://atariage.com/box_style_page.php?SystemID=2600&BoxStyleID=42

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 2

How can you tell the early releases? To me that box looks like the one you posted.. ? Just curious..

I believe the back of the boxes are silver rather than white and will say MATTEL ELECTRONICS just after the "Contents: One (game name) cartridge and playing instructions." or right below the Atari joystick graphic. The carts will have black labels with blue text and the manuals will be full color rather than black and white. They seem to be many of the same differences as what we see between Mattel and Intellivision Inc. versions of the same game.

There are also USA Telegames versions of these games with similar looking boxes but with the M Network logo changed on the front.

• Like 1

Thanks for that info !!!

No problem!

From the pic you posted it looks like you collect for Atari as well. Is it a large collection or are you just hunting for select games you enjoy playing? I ask because I've seen a few people here that collect for things outside of INTV and I'm curious to see the different variety of things folks here go for. I have a PS4, original NES and a Wii besides my Intellivision but I don't really collect for those consoles. I just have a handful of games for each that I enjoy playing and my PS4 is used as much as a Blu-Ray player as it is for gaming.

• Like 1

No problem!

From the pic you posted it looks like you collect for Atari as well. Is it a large collection or are you just hunting for select games you enjoy playing? I ask because I've seen a few people here that collect for things outside of INTV and I'm curious to see the different variety of things folks here go for. I have a PS4, original NES and a Wii besides my Intellivision but I don't really collect for those consoles. I just have a handful of games for each that I enjoy playing and my PS4 is used as much as a Blu-Ray player as it is for gaming.

I have a selected number of Atari 2600 games (about 50 in total) that I chose to collect purchase only because I like them. Some examples: Adventure, Battlezone, Enduro, Haunted House, H.E.R.O., Jungle Hunt, Pitfall II and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

But I don't consider myself collector of Atari 2600 games.

Same thing for the Colecovision: I have a handful of severely selected games, original and homebrews, that had the honor to be allowed to enter and stay in my lair, but I don't collect them.

So, an intellivoted remains intellivoted, despite occasional escapades

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 1

Nice! I don't think there is anything wrong with collecting for multiple systems, mind you. I think there is room for any and all retro gaming. I simply don't have the space for additional collections and let's be honest, Intellivision is a rather small set to chase. I guess I went with it because it was my original childhood system but the same can be said for NES. Nintendo just didn't hold the nostalgia for me that INTV did as I was in my teens by the time NES was big and my parents didn't really play it with me the way they did the Intellivision. I love the NES games I have and still play them but Intellivision will always be my first love and the system I play the most. If the Amico takes off that will become even more true, I'm sure.

I started collecting mini arcade tabletop style games as well as my intellivision stuff.

I have about 30 of them. They are small and take up little room. I just think they look really great.

I have most of the video game systems ever made but I do not collect boxed games for those only multi carts.

The Intellivision is the heart and soul of my collecting.

I have and always will love the box art,overlays etc. for it. The originality of many games for it is awesome too!

• Like 1

No problem!

I collect and my heart is mainly for the intellivision, but I do have and collect when price is right for the Atari and Colecovision.. But I don't go out of my way for them.. I not sure how many of games I have for each because its secondary for me.. (I do have the original game boy with a few games and a couple of table tops... not to mention 3 EM pinball machines... lol

My 14 year old has the original wii and a playstation 4 , and DS DSi ... but I don't play them much..

• Like 2