#27 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,215 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:50 PM

IT BEGINS!!!

MNet01.jpg

Well that didn't take long, lol. Special thanks to BSR Steve!

#28 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,155 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:55 PM

You can have this air raiders ... not in minty condition but all there !!!

Attached Thumbnails

• A3FCB70C-DBFF-4331-B4F1-9E593C6CBCE8.jpeg

#29 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,155 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:01 PM

More photos

Attached Thumbnails

• 9CE2F716-E3E9-411D-8C01-85F575379665.jpeg
  • A7D3984F-04E3-4110-82BA-1943AC4C7FAA.jpeg

#30 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,510 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:01 PM

I might have some dupes lying around too. I'll check on Sunday.

#31 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,215 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:34 AM

I appreciate the help guys! I'm only looking for the Mattel Electronics versions though. Keeping with the theme of my 125 the earliest release version of each game.

#32 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,155 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:40 AM

How can you tell the early releases? To me that box looks like the one you posted.. ? Just curious..

#33 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,155 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:52 AM

These are the ones I have so far -

Attached Thumbnails

• B9DA4B67-98ED-45BD-A045-38B515378C2D.jpeg

#34 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,510 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 AM

How can you tell the early releases? To me that box looks like the one you posted.. ? Just curious..

He means the Mattel versions (early) vs the Intellivision Inc versions (later). You can't tell from the spines, but the backs should say either Mattel Electronics or Intellivision Inc. There's also the white labels and manuals for Intellivision Inc. Here's an example of the Mattel box:

https://atariage.com...0&BoxStyleID=42

Edited by JasonlikesINTV, Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:20 AM.

#35 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,215 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:25 AM

I believe the back of the boxes are silver rather than white and will say MATTEL ELECTRONICS just after the "Contents: One (game name) cartridge and playing instructions." or right below the Atari joystick graphic. The carts will have black labels with blue text and the manuals will be full color rather than black and white. They seem to be many of the same differences as what we see between Mattel and Intellivision Inc. versions of the same game.

There are also USA Telegames versions of these games with similar looking boxes but with the M Network logo changed on the front.

#36 Intymike OFFLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 3,225 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:10 AM

There are also USA Telegames versions of these games with similar looking boxes but with the M Network logo changed on the front.

Plus different instructions, carts and even names of the games.

#37 intvsteve ONLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 3,293 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:48 AM

Plus different instructions, carts and even names of the games.

Yeah, like this mashup of the later box style use Bump 'n' Jump and Masters of the Universe combined with the rename: Tron Deadly Discs became Adventures on GX-12.

http://intvfunhouse....ox/tron-000.jpg

#38 SiLic0ne t0aD OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD

River Patroller

• 2,316 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:59 PM

Congrats! :thumbsup:

#39 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,155 posts

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:49 PM

Thanks for that info !!!

#40 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,215 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:25 AM

Thanks for that info !!!

No problem!

From the pic you posted it looks like you collect for Atari as well. Is it a large collection or are you just hunting for select games you enjoy playing? I ask because I've seen a few people here that collect for things outside of INTV and I'm curious to see the different variety of things folks here go for. I have a PS4, original NES and a Wii besides my Intellivision but I don't really collect for those consoles. I just have a handful of games for each that I enjoy playing and my PS4 is used as much as a Blu-Ray player as it is for gaming.

#41 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

Intellivoted

• 2,838 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:58 AM

No problem!

From the pic you posted it looks like you collect for Atari as well. Is it a large collection or are you just hunting for select games you enjoy playing? I ask because I've seen a few people here that collect for things outside of INTV and I'm curious to see the different variety of things folks here go for. I have a PS4, original NES and a Wii besides my Intellivision but I don't really collect for those consoles. I just have a handful of games for each that I enjoy playing and my PS4 is used as much as a Blu-Ray player as it is for gaming.

I have a selected number of Atari 2600 games (about 50 in total) that I chose to collect purchase only because I like them. Some examples: Adventure, Battlezone, Enduro, Haunted House, H.E.R.O., Jungle Hunt, Pitfall II and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

But I don't consider myself collector of Atari 2600 games.

Same thing for the Colecovision: I have a handful of severely selected games, original and homebrews, that had the honor to be allowed to enter and stay in my lair, but I don't collect them.

So, an intellivoted remains intellivoted, despite occasional escapades

Edited by intellivotion, Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 AM.

#42 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,215 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:11 AM

Nice! I don't think there is anything wrong with collecting for multiple systems, mind you. I think there is room for any and all retro gaming. I simply don't have the space for additional collections and let's be honest, Intellivision is a rather small set to chase. I guess I went with it because it was my original childhood system but the same can be said for NES. Nintendo just didn't hold the nostalgia for me that INTV did as I was in my teens by the time NES was big and my parents didn't really play it with me the way they did the Intellivision. I love the NES games I have and still play them but Intellivision will always be my first love and the system I play the most. If the Amico takes off that will become even more true, I'm sure.

#43 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,510 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:04 AM

I don't have space either, but I still collect for lots of systems ;-)

#44 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 3,207 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:58 PM

I started collecting mini arcade tabletop style games as well as my intellivision stuff.
I have about 30 of them. They are small and take up little room. I just think they look really great.
I have most of the video game systems ever made but I do not collect boxed games for those only multi carts.
The Intellivision is the heart and soul of my collecting.
I have and always will love the box art,overlays etc. for it. The originality of many games for it is awesome too!

#45 Bamse OFFLINE  

Bamse

Chopper Commander

• 200 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:05 PM

I've just started with Ps1 and and ps2 games. Will never be the same as intellivision though.

#46 Steve Jones OFFLINE  

Steve Jones

Stargunner

• 1,030 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:07 PM

I also collect for TI99-4A but just games, it was my first computer after Intellivision, and I dont pay what I would for Intellivision stuff

#47 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,155 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:38 PM

No problem!

I collect and my heart is mainly for the intellivision, but I do have and collect when price is right for the Atari and Colecovision.. But I don't go out of my way for them.. I not sure how many of games I have for each because its secondary for me.. (I do have the original game boy with a few games and a couple of table tops... not to mention 3 EM pinball machines... lol

My 14 year old has the original wii and a playstation 4 , and DS DSi ... but I don't play them much..

#48 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,215 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:42 PM

Good to hear you have a future collector ready to take up your mantel  :thumbsup:

#49 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,155 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:01 PM

Good to hear you have a future collector ready to take up your mantel  :thumbsup:

Hopefully he get into to my collection when he's older... wont play any of the systems.. just laughs at the games..

LMAO!!!!

#50 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,155 posts

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:02 PM

But he plays the Wii more than the PS4...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intellivision

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users