IGNORED

Achievement Unlocked: The 125

the1hatman

Hopefully he get into to my collection when he's older... wont play any of the systems.. just laughs at the games..

LMAO!!!!

Well Intellivision and Atari don't always appeal to younger folks. But someday his current faves will become the really "old school retro games" and he'll still be a chip off the old block even if it's a different flavor. Just tell him he is out of the will if he junks your collection! :lolblue:

Well Intellivision and Atari don't always appeal to younger folks. But someday his current faves will become the really "old school retro games" and he'll still be a chip off the old block even if it's a different flavor. Just tell him he is out of the will if he junks your collection! :lolblue:

LMAO!!!! great idea.

• Like 1

Yeah I was kind of surprised to hear you collected Wii games and had a massive collection. I have exactly 5, lol.

Yeah, not sure what happened there. The Wii library is loaded with junk titles, but they're so cheap and there are so many. It's really fun hunting for them and I'm always finding new ones. At some point I'll start hitting a wall with the heavier hitters, but I'm still a long way off from having to decide whether to spend $150 on Mensa Academy. When GameStop stops carrying them it will get harder. They already got rid of the Elite Pro membership (20% discount) and most of the $0.99 games. Their cheapest games are typically now $2.69 after a 10% discount.

Regarding other systems, I collect pretty causally. NES, PS2, and Atari 2600 are probably my next biggest collections and none of those are substantial. NES is too pricey, PS2 has too many, and my Atari focus is primarily Activision and M Network. I'd like to finish both of those subsets.

• Like 2

Well there is nothing wrong with chasing down games for a system just for the hunt of it. Collecting gets a kind of bad rap vs. actual gaming but since every collector also plays games, I find that notion rather silly. Everyone enjoys the hunt in some form or there would be no such thing as retro gaming.

NES is the current "hot" system so the prices, especially for CIB games, is crazy right now. Like all subsets of the retro gaming universe, it will eventually level off and drop back down in price once the next hottest trend fires up. Not that NES stuff will ever be cheap as it was simply too popular of a system, but it won't always command top dollar either.

After I finish off the M Network Atari games I will likely focus solely on homebrews and condition upgrades for the 125. That should open up time and money I can devote to the Amico and its offerings in a couple of years (fingers crossed).

NES is the current "hot" system so the prices, especially for CIB games, is crazy right now. Like all subsets of the retro gaming universe, it will eventually level off and drop back down in price once the next hottest trend fires up. Not that NES stuff will ever be cheap as it was simply too popular of a system, but it won't always command top dollar either.

I wish this would hurry up and happen. I need Uninvited to go back to being $30 complete. It's the dumbest game and I put it off, and now it's my still-dumb white whale.

• Like 2

I wish this would hurry up and happen. I need Uninvited to go back to being $30 complete. It's the dumbest game and I put it off, and now it's my still-dumb white whale.

Sounds like you have a pretty large NES collection. Are you trying to complete that set or just certain games you like playing?

Sounds like you have a pretty large NES collection. Are you trying to complete that set or just certain games you like playing?

Mostly staples and things I like, although if something's cheap and boxed I won't turn my nose up at it. I probably only have about 60 boxed games, so enough to call myself a collector but not enough to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

I believe the back of the boxes are silver rather than white and will say MATTEL ELECTRONICS just after the "Contents: One (game name) cartridge and playing instructions." or right below the Atari joystick graphic. The carts will have black labels with blue text and the manuals will be full color rather than black and white. They seem to be many of the same differences as what we see between Mattel and Intellivision Inc. versions of the same game.

There are also USA Telegames versions of these games with similar looking boxes but with the M Network logo changed on the front.

I have at least a couple of boxes that are white on the back and still say Mattel Electronics. And the last couple have Mattel Electronics on the spine as well, when they changed the design of the box for Bump 'n' Jump and Masters of the Universe: the Power of He-Man. I have 18 titles from the original releases, along with Sea Battle and Swordfight from Intellivision Productions, as well as a prototype of Rocky & Bullwinkle. It think that may be all there is for Atari 2600. I also have Lock 'n' Chase and Night Stalker for Apple II Red boxes, but I am missing the IBM PC versions in the blue boxes.

• Like 3

I have at least a couple of boxes that are white on the back and still say Mattel Electronics. And the last couple have Mattel Electronics on the spine as well, when they changed the design of the box for Bump 'n' Jump and Masters of the Universe: the Power of He-Man. I have 18 titles from the original releases, along with Sea Battle and Swordfight from Intellivision Productions, as well as a prototype of Rocky & Bullwinkle. It think that may be all there is for Atari 2600. I also have Lock 'n' Chase and Night Stalker for Apple II Red boxes, but I am missing the IBM PC versions in the blue boxes.

There's a nice blue IBM Night Stalker on eBay right now, but it's not cheap.