IGNORED

FlashROM99 MG Explorer image

FALCOR4

Posting a cart image of the MG Explorer along with source files. Was fun going back into 33 year old code but time to move to next project. Many thanks to Jon Guidry for his project support and to Fred Kaal for his support and for the generous use of his loader code. Fred, your ModuleCreator is great! Thanks for coding that and Jon, you've had infinite patience helping me, thank you.

MGEXP.bin

HFE.zip

DSK.zip

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I had a blast helping you “get back in the game”, so to speak! Sorry I haven’t been as available lately, but earlier this year was a super awesome experience with me being able to preserve everything for you and help get you up to date with new hardware and help with Explorer.

I'll keep trying to find the guy who wrote Advanced Diagnostics. Have been looking for him for about a year now; thought I had a good lead but no response. I worked with him on the disk protection stuff but I don't know if I have enough code in my stash to do a cartridge. Nevertheless, it's his so it probably shouldn't be released without his permission. I wouldn't feel right about it although, realistically, I doubt he would mind.

The MG Explorer is actually an early example of a code emulator and it does have a memory editor as well as some other tools.

• Like 1

What does the program do? Do we have a pdf manual by any chance?

There is a PDF out on the whtech site: http://ftp.whtech.com/Millers_Graphics/Utilities/Explorer%20(by%20MG)%20manual.pdf

IMHO, the manual is a jewel, written by Craig. He had an incredible imagination and knew how to communicate it.

• Like 2

I also do not know if someone like to build a cartridge for this, i would like :P so i created some trials for labels:

Black TI Classic

attachicon.gifExplorer Label - Full-ClassicBlack.png

Color version 1:

attachicon.gifExplorer Label - Full-noBG.png

Color Version 2:

attachicon.gifExplorer Label - Full-BG3.png

Wow, these are great!! Thank you, Ciro!

• Like 2

I worked with him on the disk protection stuff but I don't know if I have enough code in my stash to do a cartridge. Nevertheless, it's his so it probably shouldn't be released without his permission. I wouldn't feel right about it although, realistically, I doubt he would mind.

Any chance of showing me how to remove the protection from my MG Advanced Diags so I can make a backup of my original disk? Thanks!

Edited by videofx

Any chance of showing me how to remove the protection from my MG Advanced Diags so I can make a backup of my original disk? Thanks!

We have dumped HFE files for use in emulators such as MAME that are raw dumps of the original disks (you can use them with Gotek as well.)

You can also use CopyC from here: https://www.s-n-u-g.de/util/index_en.php