IGNORED

Q-BERT JUMP Atari 2600 LIMITED EDITION 5 of 5 HOMEBREW Signed by Warren Dav

neotokeo2001

Very cool game though I hate the logo as it is high res computer image. It should be more atari 2600 looking instead of modern shaded / rendered Qbert. Others might not agree with me but I consider the logo very misleading and even degrading to the Atari 2600 platform. That logo belongs for modern ports ..ie Android, iOS, Switch, PC etc versions.

If met him in person I would tell him I'll buy the cartridge when it has a more Atari appropriate logo.

Edited by thetick1

Very cool game though I hate the logo as it is high res computer image. It should be more atari 2600 looking instead of modern shaded / rendered Qbert. Others might not agree with me but I consider the logo very misleading and even degrading to the Atari 2600 platform. That logo belongs for modern ports ..ie Android, iOS, Switch, PC etc versions.

If met him in person I would tell him I'll buy the cartridge when it has a more Atari appropriate logo.

I'm pretty sure that Neo made the games and just got Warren to sign them. He does this with many different games of many different themes. I can see how you could think this was a game by the original creator though. This is sure to confuse a few folks not just you.

• Like 1

I suppose the hack was done in agreement with the original game's author, right? Maybe you should mention that.

I did have Dionoid's permission to release this re-theme of his upcoming home brew game AMOEBA JUMP. Some graphics have been changed as well as sounds but the game play is the same. The release of AMOEBA JUMP will have some cool additions to the game not available here or in the BIN that has been released. AtariAge will be releasing the game so stay tuned for announcements.

The release version of the normal cartridge has Dionoid's logo on it also. I don't post about hacks here very often but the genesis of this version was well publicized on the Atari 2600 Homebrew Group on FaceBook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Atari2600homebrew

post-3832-0-09779500-1542235652_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I suppose the hack was done in agreement with the original game's author, right? Maybe you should mention that.

Yes, Scott contacted me about making a limited run of his hack of Amoeba Jump for a retro convention. It's a nice hack and having it signed by Warren is really cool.

I didn't expect this many people to go crazy about getting the game. I hope they can wait a few months until Amoeba Jump hits the AA store :-)

Until then you can download the community-version of Amoeba Jump from the AA forum!