IGNORED

Controller daisy chain issue

str0m

Hi,

I recently bought an FZ10 which came with a wired 6 button Super UFO pad. It seems to use the same case as their wireless IR one even down to having the battery area (but no terminals etc). It doesn't have a daisy chain port but I have tested it in SF2 and all buttons work correctly.

I then picked up one of the odd shaped Capcom controllers and that also works correctly in SF2.

If I connect the Super UFO controller to the daisy chain cable on the Capcom it doesn't work right, none of the buttons work by themselves however if you hold down two you will get a response ie two of the normal buttons and suddenly a punch, hold the dpad diagonally and character will go left. As mentioned above, that pad works correctly by itself.

Is there anyway of telling where the problem is, wiring issue in one of the pads or in the console itself? I don't know anyone else with a 3DO so thought I would ask before I hunted down another pad to buy.

thanks,

Darren

post-65780-0-22259500-1542191381_thumb.jpg

The UFO doesn't have a daisy chain port unfortunately

Oops. Missed that part. Well, just kind of browsing this thread ithttp://atariage.com/forums/topic/199303-3do-super-ufo-controller/it seems like the UFO is just not compatible with all other 3DO controllers. That one guy also said his wouldn't work when plugged directly into the 3DO as a stand alone controller though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So...I managed to pick up another of the Capcom ones. They work daisy chained together with no issues. The Super UFO pad works by itself but does not when daisy chained off either of them, have the issue above where you need to push 2 buttons/directions for it to react. Very weird. I blame that pad, I mean why doesn't it even have a pass thru!! :0