IGNORED

Karateka Atari XE

sixersfan105

Sooooo a sealed Karateka XE just sold for $515 plus $20 shipping...you have GOT to be kidding me! I guess the $100 price I paid through AA a couple months back was a steal.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253969632098

You guys agree that's excessive, right?

Lately certain titles have been hitting 2-5 times what they normally had been.

No idea what this new phenomenon is.....I have just been talking about it with a few other collectors.

All we can assume is there are a couple new collectors in the market with bottomless pockets? As most of this stuff had not been on the rise. That or possibly shilling...or both?

Last night I was going to bid on a 2600 sears superman and it sold for $450?!?!

No idea what this new phenomenon is.....I have just been talking about it with a few other collectors.

All we can assume is there are a couple new collectors in the market with bottomless pockets? As most of this stuff had not been on the rise. That or possibly shilling...or both?

that's wild...who wants my extra Crystal Castles XE cart and manual for $300? Choplifter XE cart for $200? Any takers? :P

I think as the systems people remember the most get over-exposed and over-collected, collector's move to a "secondary" tier. Because collectors gotta collect....until a bubble burst.

Frankly I think the 7800 will be a collector's system eventually. Small library (good for "complete set" guys), you can still buy sealed versions of most games (good for "sealed" collectors), only a few "rarez", and they aren't 4 digit games (good for any completionist), and you can still get boxed systems (some people love dat carboard). All wrapped in an Atari brand which has some "classic" cachet left.

I think the XE, as an Atari "game system" (AHEM) with it's own, rather limited blue-boxed line of games, could end up similarly.

• Like 2

I think as the systems people remember the most get over-exposed and over-collected, collector's move to a "secondary" tier. Because collectors gotta collect....until a bubble burst.

Frankly I think the 7800 will be a collector's system eventually. Small library (good for "complete set" guys), you can still buy sealed versions of most games (good for "sealed" collectors), only a few "rarez", and they aren't 4 digit games (good for any completionist), and you can still get boxed systems (some people love dat carboard). All wrapped in an Atari brand which has some "classic" cachet left.

I think the XE, as an Atari "game system" (AHEM) with it's own, rather limited blue-boxed line of games, could end up similarly.

I hear ya, but $515?! That's $200 more than the last copy that sold two months ago, albeit that one was just CIB, not sealed.

• Like 1

YouTubies are both the devil and a blessing depending on which side of the fence your on. It also doesn't help that people like you,me,181,ntavio and others show their collection lol.

Also Nintendo collectors and others want to expand into atari. $450 for blue superman was cheap, a few weeks ago it went for $550.

• Like 1

Yeah I was watching that Superman myself out of curiosity. I thought there was a chance it may hit $200. 450 is insane. I should put my CIB sears pic Superman out there to see what itd bring!

• 2 months later...

I wonder which of these are still available from BEST and B&C for reasonable prices.

Yeah, some can still be had from them or Video61. Not Karateka, though. I think the only titles that are completely sold out at all three retailers are Choplifter (Lance recently went through his last palette, and when he was low he was selling them for $125), Summer Games, Karateka, Into the Eagles Nest and Crime Busters.