IGNORED

OT: I screwed up!

Omega-TI

I recently purchased a new computer, and during the setup it automatically found drivers for my printer and installed them. Everything worked, up to a point.

Well, since I wanted to print in booklet form, I decided to use the CD that came with the printer and install the factory drivers. Now I cannot get my printer to function.

Is there a way in Windows 10 to "rollback" what I did? If so how? I really need you help! Thanks!

• Like 2

I recently purchased a new computer, and during the setup it automatically found drivers for my printer and installed them. Everything worked, up to a point.

Well, since I wanted to print in booklet form, I decided to use the CD that came with the printer and install the factory drivers. Now I cannot get my printer to function.

Is there a way in Windows 10 to "rollback" what I did? If so how? I really need you help! Thanks!

go to the start button, type in device manager, run that and you can find the printer, uninstall device, it may ask you to remove driver say yes, then do a scan for new hw..it should reinstall the driver at that point from microsoft..

Greg

I'll try that, if what is happening now does not work. Right now I appear to be in getting into even bigger trouble. It's been stuck on this screen since two minutes after I posted the original message.

gallery_35324_1027_205699.jpg

How long is it supposed to take to initialize for a rollback to the 12th? If it stays suck at that point is it safe to turn the computer off manually?

I'll try that, if what is happening now does not work. Right now I appear to be in getting into even bigger trouble. It's been stuck on this screen since two minutes after I posted the original message.

gallery_35324_1027_205699.jpg

How long is it supposed to take to initialize for a rollback to the 12th? If it stays suck at that point is it safe to turn the computer off manually?

pm me.. and you should let it finish.. unless you are capable of recovering a thrashed windows install.. do you have backups?

The first part of this post had me thinking you finally purchased a Mac. Especially the part about automatically finding drivers and installing them.

As I read on the whole driver nightmare situation revealed that it in in fact a windows machine. Sorry about that problem but I’m thinking it’s nothing a fresh reinstall won’t fix. That strategy has worked for me since Windows 3.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Airshack