IGNORED

Six Game Cartridge Switch?

silentshadow56

Trying to find out some more information on this particular piece of hardware. Apparently it's a 6 game cartridge switch, which allows you to plug in up to six cartridges and then select which one you would like to play (I guess like a six disc cd player). I can't even begin to try to find answers on my own as I don't know what it's called and searching for "atari six switch" in any order or any additional words it just returns six switch consoles.

Any idea what it's called? Is it valuable or just a neat novelty?

Without and pics I would guess a version of the Video Game Brain. There are a couple of different ones that do six carts. The VGB version is pretty common. There is another one that I think has a game built into it. I can't think of the name of it right now.

There is another called the Rom Scanner that did like 10 carts at a time.

The Video Game Brain is fairly common. You can check ebay price history.

They have been known to actually damage an Atari VCS/2600 because of it's shoddy wiring.

There are threads here on AA about it now that you know what it is called.

post-47669-0-21961300-1542322413.jpg

• Like 1

They have been known to actually damage an Atari VCS/2600 because of it's shoddy wiring.

There are threads here on AA about it now that you know what it is called.

What?...I don't recall the VGB actually causing damage only that they have horrible interference and so they create a pretty snowy picture on most systems. I think even my S-video modded 7800 shows such artifacts.

• Like 1

What?...I don't recall the VGB actually causing damage only that they have horrible interference and so they create a pretty snowy picture on most systems. I think even my S-video modded 7800 shows such artifacts.

Maybe that is what I am remembering. I only “Tried” the one I bought one time on my 7800 and didn’t have an issue with it.

But I really wanna say there are some threads in regards to damage. I know there is one that talks about re-wiring it maybe to fix the interference problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a game brain (there's a pic further up the topic) I got really recommend it, it's a cool idea in principle, but flawed in a few ways. One (and I think this is a myth more than fact, as it's never happened to me) is supposedly it can damage carts, or the system. Granted switching games while power is on shouldn't be recommended anyways, and I'm pretty sure the instructions advise against that. But 2, and more important for me, the cable is not braided, or insulated (or whatever other noise reduction techniques existed at the time) and it adds tons of noise (static) to your games.