IGNORED

Kung fu on the new question

maxdrive

Actually the NES one says both.

© IREM CORP.1984

© 1985 NINTENDO

Nintendo takes credit for it as a first party release, but they only published it basically, or bought the rights outright to sell it, either way, Irem is credited for it on the title screen.

Kung_Fu_-_NES_-_Title.png

I own the game, always have. The manual I still have with it says IREM inside it as well and Nintendo, same copyright and dates by their side. The copy of the manual up on digital press archives (PDF) shows it, but the old text file copy I made in 1996 I didn't copy that into it. :P

Edited by Tanooki

Actually the NES one says both.

© IREM CORP.1984

© 1985 NINTENDO

Nintendo takes credit for it as a first party release, but they only published it basically, or bought the rights outright to sell it, either way, Irem is credited for it on the title screen.

Kung_Fu_-_NES_-_Title.png

I own the game, always have. The manual I still have with it says IREM inside it as well and Nintendo, same copyright and dates by their side. The copy of the manual up on digital press archives (PDF) shows it, but the old text file copy I made in 1996 I didn't copy that into it. :P

Much like how Snake Rattle n Roll was developed by RARE and published by Nintendo. I think of it as a RARE game, not a Nintendo game.

snake-rattle-n-roll-01.png

• Like 1

I have a dumb question but is Kung fu considered a first party game or a third party game on the NES its an orginal black box game but it also came out on other systems. With it being a port of an arcade title I wasn't sure on it.

i was always under the impression that any port of an arcade game is third party, unless it is released on a console developed by the same company who made the arcade version.

The famicom version of 10-yard fight doesn't have a nintendo copyright. So why was it added to the nes version. Maybe nintendo bought the nes game from irem after the famicom version came out. Nintendo could have contracted irem to develop the famicom/nes version of kung fu.

Edited by mr_me

The famicom version of 10-yard fight doesn't have a nintendo copyright. So why was it added to the nes version. Maybe nintendo bought the nes game from irem after the famicom version came out. Nintendo could have contracted irem to develop the famicom/nes version of kung fu.

Could just be like a bunch of other games, where the original publisher didn't intend to bring it to America so Nintendo did it themselves.

Unlike kung fu, nintendo world cup doesn't say copyright nintendo. It says copyright Technos licensed to Nintendo. Almost all third party nes games were licensed and manufactured by nintendo.

It's called "Nintendo World Cup" It may say Technos on the title screen but it doesn't say it anywhere on the cartridge. Also there's a difference between "Licensed to Nintendo" and "Licensed by Nintendo" (third party games).