Photo

Missing sound chip for Adam computer

6 replies to this topic

#1 chart45 ONLINE  

chart45

Dragonstomper

• 810 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:16 PM

here the sound chip enhancer for the adam computer....

it give you the missing sounds from the sgm game on the adam

it use only ttl chip so nothing to program
very easy to build... i only test on ntsc system so i dont know if it work on others region system.... here the gerber files

enjoy

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181116_144759.jpg

Attached Files

#2 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,096 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:09 PM

Hmmm... I'm not sure this is going to work for every SGM game. As far as I know, the ADAM doesn't let the programmer switch the lower 8K (used by the Coleco BIOS) into pure RAM like the real SGM does. So any SGM game that runs in "full 32K RAM" mode (such as Gauntlet) is probably not going to work with this device.

Edited by Pixelboy, Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:09 PM.

#3 ten-four OFFLINE  

ten-four

Dragonstomper

• 912 posts
  • Here i am... again!

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:22 PM

Is this for ADAM built in or is this for ADAM expansion.

Just curious.

#4 chart45 ONLINE  

chart45

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 810 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:25 PM

Hmmm... I'm not sure this is going to work for every SGM game. As far as I know, the ADAM doesn't let the programmer switch the lower 8K (used by the Coleco BIOS) into pure RAM like the real SGM does. So any SGM game that runs in "full 32K RAM" mode (such as Gauntlet) is probably not going to work with this device.

you are the only one who can test it since the game is not released yet... i can ship this one to you if you want to test... i made this to see if its possible to only use the ay on the adam and yes it works for the part i can test... it also work on the coleco for meca 8 and 9 since the game dont check for extra ram... i wont sell or build them for people its there for anybody who want to try it...

let me know if you want to try it...

#5 chart45 ONLINE  

chart45

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 810 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:29 PM

Is this for ADAM built in or is this for ADAM expansion.
Just curious.

expansion

#6 chart45 ONLINE  

chart45

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 810 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 PM

i know how to add the 8k ram as you can see in the short video... you can also see how many ic's it require to do it so if i add the 8k ram i should put the 24k too so it's a ttl sgm and my ass get kick out so i wont do it... is there other games that require the full 32k of ram?? i will try every game that i have to see if there is some that dont work on the adam with the ay only...

#7 chart45 ONLINE  

chart45

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 810 posts

Posted Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:34 PM

ok i finally test all sgm game that i have on 2 standalone adam and they all work... the game i didnt test yet since i lent them to a friend are gradius and peinguin adventure from opcode.. i will go get them and see if they work... so maybe some game will not work in the future but for the previous release they seem to work perfectly...

i dont think i will do more test on this.. you build it if you want...

if you want to be sure 100% compatibilities get the new phoenix or a sgm...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users