IGNORED

TI99_PC Locks up when I try to make floppy

videofx

I just got a brand new Kaypro PC (built 1989). It has a 5.25 360K floppy drive and 20mb hard disk.

I copy all the files to my hard drive.

I then do TI99_PC /menu or I have also tried just from the command line and I try to format and create a disk and as soon as I hit F6, the floppy drive LED never comes on and the PC locks up and have to power down to reboot. Ctl-alt-del has no effect

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

I just got a brand new Kaypro PC (built 1989). It has a 5.25 360K floppy drive and 20mb hard disk.

I copy all the files to my hard drive.

I then do TI99_PC /menu or I have also tried just from the command line and I try to format and create a disk and as soon as I hit F6, the floppy drive LED never comes on and the PC locks up and have to power down to reboot. Ctl-alt-del has no effect

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks

are you in DOS or windows? It's a dos program that requires direct access to the hardware.. Also it may be a incompatibility with the DOS, what version do you have?

Greg

are you in DOS or windows? It's a dos program that requires direct access to the hardware.. Also it may be a incompatibility with the DOS, what version do you have?

Greg

Greg I am running the PC as a strictly DOS machine, I have tried Compaq DOS 3.31 and MS-DOS 5.0 and same problem

Greg I am running the PC as a strictly DOS machine, I have tried Compaq DOS 3.31 and MS-DOS 5.0 and same problem

Ok good, I have had this working on a 286 with dos 6.22 and a 3.5" 720k disk.. it may be your disk controller isn't compatible.. do you know what controller is on the floppy card?

Nice so did you read the doc file about controller compatibility

It's not the controller. It the PC. I thought and XT with 360K floppy would work. When reading the manual I found this:

You will need an AT class PC. An XT class PC will not work, because the software uses some AT reserved instructions.

I was going to try my IBM PC XT I will try just for fun. It should show the same behavior as my Kaypro XT

• Like 4