IGNORED

Rapid fire

grips03

There's a part in the tech docs called "Jaguar Development Standards" (yes, there IS such a thing :D) that says this about the buttons:

The "B" button should be used as the primary action button; the "A" button should be used as the secondary action button. The "C" button should be used as the third action button. If a button is not used then it should be used as another "B" button. There must be an option to allow users to reconfigure the default settings.

Buttons must be implemented this way.

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 1

There are four controllers cases, right?

Gray keypad

Black keypad

Pro Controller

Pro Controller remake

Or five if you count arcade sticks

NeoGeoX

There is one call the Power Pad it was made for STe and Falcon line of computers but Atari sent them out with Jaguar Development Systems, I didn't think many Jag fans have them but I have one. :P http://atariage.com/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2016/post-985-0-96741500-1463063761.jpg

Edited by walter_J64bit
  • Like 1

D-pad on the Power Pad seems nicer.

They also have shorter cables because Atari Corp's thinking was the player would be sitting right in front of their Atari STe/Falcon030, whereas the Panther/Jaguar would've been more for couch gaming and thus had longer cables.

The ST Power Pads were virtually impossible to buy in the States back then; same with the 7800 "EuroPads"... Funny how that was.

Does anyone have a Danny Galaga rapid fire kit theyd want to sell me? Or, even better for the community, is there a schematic that could be applied / adapted? Many many years ago when I made my Jag arcade stick/rotary I had plans to include a rapid fire mode for button B, even going so far as to draw up example schematics using a 555 timer chip. I couldnt quite nail the design, and I know that my applied knowledge of such things is much worse now than it ever was then ;)

Im feeling the desire to gut my existing arcade stick and / or remake one. Having a professional looking arcade stick with 8 buttons, keypad, a spinner, and rapid fire (preferably with an adjustable pot) would be the best thing ever :) As an aside, I wonder how much people would pay for such a thing lol. ;)

Edited by skip

They also have shorter cables because Atari Corp's thinking was the player would be sitting right in front of their Atari STe/Falcon030, whereas the Panther/Jaguar would've been more for couch gaming and thus had longer cables.

The ST Power Pads were virtually impossible to buy in the States back then; same with the 7800 "EuroPads"... Funny how that was.

The initial run of pack-in controllers from the 1993 Jaguar launch also have short cords. Atari Power Pads were available at Atari ST computer dealers in the US back when they came out, but by 1993 and 1994, there were only a handful left. So ya, they were virtually impossible to buy. I bought my Atari Power Pad at Toad Computers in Maryland.

vTBMiY7.jpg

Edited by Major Havoc 2049
  • Like 3

Is anyone interested in a new rapid fire kit for Jaguar 3 button controllers?

Rapid fire would work by turning rapid fire ON and then holding down the button. Rapid fire would be tuned for Raiden.

If rapid fire was only for button B would that be good enough?

Would you pay $15 more for rapid fire LED. Small Red LED would be above the button(s).

If you had two pick two buttons for rapid fire they would be B and A, or B and C?

If you wanted to turn on/off rapid fire per action button would you pay $10 more?

Figure a base kit price of ~$30-35, B button only and no LED

• Like 4

Is anyone interested in a new rapid fire kit for Jaguar 3 button controllers?

Rapid fire would work by turning rapid fire ON and then holding down the button. Rapid fire would be tuned for Raiden.

If rapid fire was only for button B would that be good enough?

Would you pay $15 more for rapid fire LED. Small Red LED would be above the button(s).

If you had two pick two buttons for rapid fire they would be B and A, or B and C?

If you wanted to turn on/off rapid fire per action button would you pay $10 more?

Figure a base kit price of ~$30-35, B button only and no LED

I would want at least two!

Would you be willing to do install?