IGNORED

Intellivision (Model 1) only boots with cartridge tilted

jlew715

Hey all,

My Model 1 Intellivision has started this behavior where it will only start up when the cartridge is tilted towards the front (power switch side) of the console. If the cartridge is fully inserted, the system will not ever start. This occurs with any and every game cartridge. Im thinking its (obviously) something with the cartridge port, but Im not quite sure what to do about it.

Additionally, the system outputs a much stronger signal on Channel 4 mode va Channel 3 mode. Doesnt really affect anything, just a curiosity...

If anyone has any experience with the cartridge tilting issue, let me know, as I didnt see anything posted on the topic previously.

Thanks!

Visually inspect the cartridge port for bent pins.

Next, get some Deoxit contact cleaner (or isopropyl alcohol will work) and clean the cartridge slot. Apply it to a folded piece of paper or piece of thick cardboard, then insert and remove from the cartridge slot a few times.

If it's still flaky then you may have some bad/cracked solder joints at the motherboard, you may need to open the unit and reflow them.

- J