IGNORED

Flashback 8 flash updateable?

I was looking through another thread and it seems to suggest that the internals of the Flashback 8 is some kind of raspberry pi based system and you can connect to it by soldering a USB adapter to the board.

Is this the case? and if so what can be done once connected? (add games, delete unwanted games, add artwork?)

the atari flashback 8 gold is a rockchip 3036 chipset ("monkey king" processor) that boots android.

adb debugging is enabled so it IS possible to add your own titles by writing a loader.

this is the same priniciple that was used to make the 2017 sega flashback load homebrew:

in theory it is possible to add a rom loader to it if somebody has the time.I planned on doing a port of the sega generations dash and adapt it to do atari stuff instead at one point(mine is still stored on my closet).

Admittedly time has been short on my end and atari is not my biggest cup of tea (nobody kill me XD). However yes someone with enough determination can do something awesome with it.