IGNORED

Anyone know where to get 3 jack panel mounts?

Shawn

Hey All,

I'm having a hell of time finding 3 jack panel mounts for some reason. I can find a ton with 2 jacks and some with 4 but none with 3. Looking for something to use with a composite mod preferably with yellow, red and white colored jacks. Looking for something small in size like the attached photo. I mention that as I have seen some that are wall socket sized but I want these for use on video game systems. Hope someone here can point me in the right direction. Seems when I didn't have interest in buying them I was tripping over them, but now? nothing. Go figure.

post-7107-0-40524700-1542652028.jpg

post-7107-0-24943600-1542652079.jpg

Thanks,

Shawn

just buy a four jack rca mount and use a dremel or rotary drill to cut off the 4th jack.

That wouldn't fit the bill for my cosmetic standards for such a project.

This?

FolioGadgets 5-Pack 3 RCA Female Jack PCB Mounted AV Concentric Outlet Video AV Socket Adapter

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQ93S4Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_NFW8BbGE3YTED

Not those no, I want the ones that come with the little plate as shown in my first post.

• Like 1

That wouldn't fit the bill for my cosmetic standards for such a project.

Why? The extra fourth "hole" won't be visible at all if you rear mount it. Three little round holes in the case for the RCA jacks. Measure twice, cut once. Use a pilot hole to center the bits before drilling with the larger size. You will need two machine screws and two washers / nuts for the bolt holes. The only visible cosmetic issue as viewed from the outside, is that one mount screw of the four jack array is farther away from the three little RCA jacks compared to the other. You can also reinforce the bracket from the back with hot glue if needed. I would also recommend placing yellow/white/red dots over the RCA jacks for identification, since the third jack will be either black or red and not composite yellow.

Why? The extra fourth "hole" won't be visible at all if you rear mount it. Three little round holes in the case for the RCA jacks. Measure twice, cut once. Use a pilot hole to center the bits before drilling with the larger size. You will need two machine screws and two washers / nuts for the bolt holes. The only visible cosmetic issue as viewed from the outside, is that one mount screw of the four jack array is farther away from the three little RCA jacks compared to the other. You can also reinforce the bracket from the back with hot glue if needed. I would also recommend placing yellow/white/red dots over the RCA jacks for identification, since the third jack will be either black or red and not composite yellow.

I want this to go on the outside with a finished edge. I know what I want and I know exactly what I'm doing with it. I want something specific and I'm not looking to compromise in any way. I know what I'm looking for is out there as I've seen them many times before. I was just asking here for assistance finding what I'm after not for alternatives. Thanks for your input none the less.

• 2 weeks later...

I only found the same ones you did (and an 8-jack panel too). From my remembrance on various electronics I've had, the industry philosophy is to get the kind of PCB mount plug that ClassicGMR pointed out, mount it to the board, butt the board up against the back of the case (which has through-holes cut for the jacks), and fasten the jacks to the back with screws for support. The kind of plugs integrated into panels like that tend to be directed at the hobbyist, which is getting pretty rare these days.

Even if you want to have wires from your board to the plugs, the typical method for that is to design a daughterboard to mount the 3-jack unit on, then attach it to the case in the same way as if it were mounted to the PCB.

• Like 1