Photo

Your TI Christmas Presents

16 replies to this topic

#1 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• 13,207 posts

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:41 PM

As we get older, wiser (hopefully) and more nostalgic, Christmas can bring back memories of our first TI and TI related additions.  With this in mind, what TI goodies do you plan to get this year for Christmas?

#2 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,208 posts

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:49 PM

I'm hoping to complete my Atarisoft collection and get my DataBioTIcs collection re-started!

#3 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• Topic Starter
  • 13,207 posts

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:52 PM

I'm going to get a cartridge rack and a new FinalGROM case from ArcadeShopper.

#4 kl99 OFFLINE  

kl99

Dragonstomper

• 851 posts

Posted Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:26 AM

My wife is doing wonders in getting me TI & retro stuff for my birthday and xmas. I am always amazed.

In terms of getting a gift for yourself, I had luck finding a boxed TI Compact Program Recorder CPR-001 which originated from an TI employee. It was the smaller recorder who never appeared for sale as far as I know and was meant for the never released CC-40+.
It will not be here before christmas but that doesn't matter.

#5 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• Topic Starter
  • 13,207 posts

Posted Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:21 PM

My wife is doing wonders in getting me TI & retro stuff for my birthday and xmas. I am always amazed.

Kudos to you sir!  You are indeed one lucky man to have a woman that supports your TI mistress.  She's very understanding and obviously a keeper!

#6 etownandy OFFLINE  

etownandy

Chopper Commander

• 213 posts

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:21 PM

In terms of getting a gift for yourself, I had luck finding a boxed TI Compact Program Recorder CPR-001 which originated from an TI employee. It was the smaller recorder who never appeared for sale as far as I know and was meant for the never released CC-40+.

Yeah, I've not heard of that one.  What color is it?  I'd expect it to be the sort of grey/beige of the hexbus peripherals if it was meant with the CC40+.  Can you post a photo?

#7 ti99iuc ONLINE  

ti99iuc

Stargunner

• 1,554 posts

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:00 PM

have you seen this interesting thread too ?

http://atariage.com/...cassette-drive/

#8 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

River Patroller

• 2,042 posts

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:02 PM

i'm not looking to procure any TI stuff for this Christmas.  Oddities I am hoping for next year are a reasonably good-looking TI Coupler Modem, a reasonably complete MBX set, and a P-Code card.

Always the expensive stuff I'm lacking, lol.

#9 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• Topic Starter
  • 13,207 posts

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:55 PM

i'm not looking to procure any TI stuff for this Christmas.  Oddities I am hoping for next year are a reasonably good-looking TI Coupler Modem, a reasonably complete MBX set, and a P-Code card.

I won't be able to help you with any of those, but I'm seriously considering 'thinning out' some of my TI stuff along with a few other things next year.

#10 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,208 posts

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:18 PM

Keep me in mind while you "thin out" stuff. I like bargains. :D

#11 kl99 OFFLINE  

kl99

Dragonstomper

• 851 posts

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:08 AM

Yeah, I've not heard of that one.  What color is it?  I'd expect it to be the sort of grey/beige of the hexbus peripherals if it was meant with the CC40+.  Can you post a photo?

For now, you can see the photos on the ebay auction.

https://www.ebay.com...us/392175399085

And you can read the manual and see some photos on
http://www.ti99db.or...p?SelectedID=68

#12 BuckoBrand OFFLINE  

BuckoBrand

Chopper Commander

• 100 posts

Posted Wed Dec 5, 2018 10:20 AM

I'm hoping to get a TI in my room.

#13 iliketurtles OFFLINE  

iliketurtles

Star Raider

• 82 posts
  • Loading . . .

Posted Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:56 PM

Same here. I've got one, but I gotta steal my brother's untouched video monitor, find the power cord for the monitor, and find the AV and power cord for the TI. And one of my Dad's Myarc MPES/50s (there's one in my living room, I can easily steal THAT!).

#14 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• Topic Starter
  • 13,207 posts

Posted Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:27 AM

I'm hoping to get a TI in my room.

If you get one, please be sure to upload a photo to the << THIS FORUM >> so we can all see what your personal system looks like.

Good Luck!

#15 FarmerPotato OFFLINE  

FarmerPotato

Chopper Commander

• 181 posts

Posted Thu Dec 6, 2018 11:01 AM

I'm receiving a TI-99/4 monitor (the one from a Ft Worth seller)  and a 32k sidecar. This completes my 99/4 display (had disk controller, external drive) for showing around Texas. (Actually I lack an RS232.) Photos when I get it set up in my garage.

Future idea is to build a replica store demo cabinet for the 99/4, with cartridges on wires.

#16 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,950 posts

Posted Thu Dec 6, 2018 11:20 AM

I'm receiving a TI-99/4 monitor (the one from a Ft Worth seller)  and a 32k sidecar. This completes my 99/4 display (had disk controller, external drive) for showing around Texas. (Actually I lack an RS232.) Photos when I get it set up in my garage.

Future idea is to build a replica store demo cabinet for the 99/4, with cartridges on wires.

I have a non-working sidecar rs232 if you are interested in fixing it. seems to be at least the power supply 

#17 iliketurtles OFFLINE  

iliketurtles

Star Raider

• 82 posts
  • Loading . . .

Posted Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:23 PM

There are actually FIVE sidecars from the TI-99/4 era. The other two are the Video Controller sidecar and P-Code sidecar. Both of which are UNBELIEVABLY rare.

Edited by iliketurtles, Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:27 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users