IGNORED

Atari 7800 Sticks: Xevious, Real Sports, Commander, Handheld Starplex

GoldenWheels

Make me an offer if the Real Sports stick appeals to you....it plays GREAT.

Will also sell the Starplex controllers for 30$ each, shipped in the US only.

PRICE DROPPED on remaining RealSports controller. $65 shipped, OR, $80 shipped with your choice of Starplex-like controller (See bottom)

Buy yourself something nice for Christmas so I can too!

Each stick is $80.00 $65.00 shipped.

Shipment to US only via USPS mail with tracking.

Payment via Paypal.

See bottom for Space Invaders/Starplex style controllers bundle pricing

*****XEVIOUS STICK SOLD****

Xevious mini-stick
micro switch joystick from (where else) China

two new Sanwa buttons
Original 7800 cord, wired for proper 2 button play

6bIEcqZ.jpg

1wvS51M.jpg

Real Sports 7800 Arcade Stick
for all those awesome Real Sports 7800 games...

New Happ Stick
New Happ Buttons
Original 7800 cord, wired for 2 button play
This one has a small scuff on the top right, a small wrinkle in the vinyl on the back, and other minor imperfections. The vinyl was all hand-cut and laid.

EkIR6TK.jpg

F4DBHvo.jpg

OwxJsfL.jpg

byTdF0Z.jpg

gd6Jz6a.jpg

aMJeeOX.jpg

*****COMMANDER JOYSTICK SOLD*****

Atari 7800 Commander, 1 of 3

New Seimitsu Stick with cut down Atari 7800 control knob
New Sanwa Buttons

fancy pants chrome logo
Original 7800 cord, wired for 2 button play

butstyx.jpg

ELDZMR9.jpg

Space Invaders/Starplex style controller
Generic buttons in generic cases, overlaid in different vinyls. Fatty, chrome, and black.

White buttons are left/right. Green thrust, blue warp, red fire. All feel great in the hand.
Real Atari 2600 cords.

If buying any of the arcade style sticks above, you can choose any one of these controllers for an additional $20, coming to a $100 total. First buy of the big boy controller, first choice on the starplex jr. (I have sold 4 of these Starplex style controllers previously, each at $40.)
If, after a period of time, nothing is selling, I will consider selling these separately.

• Like 2

I'm really diggin that Xevious controller as well. My only issue is that I'm not sure how well I could use it with the joystick on the right hand side like that. Most of my arcade games have the joystick on the left hand side and action buttons on the right. So again I'm not sure if I could really use it properly in this orientation.

• Like 1

I'm really diggin that Xevious controller as well. My only issue is that I'm not sure how well I could use it with the joystick on the right hand side like that. Most of my arcade games have the joystick on the left hand side and action buttons on the right. So again I'm not sure if I could really use it properly in this orientation.

I couldn't use a right handed stick either. I based my praise on it being on the left if I ever had one for myself. Some folks really prefer it and will only buy sticks with it on the right side though.

• Like 1

where can you buy the mini joystick you used for the Xevious controller? was it salvaged from some other brand joystick?

no sir, direct off the boat from china from Ali Express. They seem to have three kinds, all based on the same mounting bracket/frame, all of which I have used in projects:

The one I used for xevious:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VK-Import-switch-type-joystick-CV4-F-Rocker-self-resetting-360-degree-game-joystick-switch/32776803303.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5c6d4c4dF0Gvxt

One with more of a rubber flexi-boot:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AC-240V-5A-4NO-4NC-Momentary-2-5mm-Fixing-Thread-Joystick-Switch-M25/32848116056.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.113.22397fdauifRep&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_10130_10890_10547_319_5730316_10546_317_10548_10545_10696_453_10084_454_10083_5729211_10618_10307_538_537_536_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103-10890,searchweb201603_51,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=410113fe-0809-41d1-9d3c-275a2689c454-17&algo_pvid=410113fe-0809-41d1-9d3c-275a2689c454

And one with a longer stick and a (really crappy) top button:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/22mm-SCV4-YQ-05R2G-Joystick-Switch-Cross-Switch-4-Direction-Main-Switch-Knob-Button-360-Degree/32849863204.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5c6d4c4dF0Gvxt

The one I used for Xevious is the stiffest stick of all three, but I like that. The other two have fairly light throws.The Xevious stick also has a plastic collar that screws down over the shaft to hide the hole in your case, giving you some error room in your cut....with the other two you just kind of stick the rubber flexi-boot up from the bottom through the hole,making the hole as small and as clean you can, because you're going to see it.

The one with the button on top is a nice stick with a nice length...but the button is WORTHLESS.

I've even taken one of the Xevious sticks, and dremeled off the plastic "stick" leaving only the metal post. Then I got a dowel, and put a hole in the bottom. Pounded the dowel onto the post, then put an Atari CX-10 stick boot onto it. Not as clean as a real 2600 controller, but still looks great IMO.

Trek if I had any chance of remembering/finding what case I bought, I'd absolutely build you one! Believe it or not, that was kind of a spare parts project I started out of boredom on a Saturday afternoon. I saw the case on my bench and just said..I'm gonna do something with this!

Figures the one I did just for the hell of it was the most popular! :lol:

• Like 2

Trek if I had any chance of remembering/finding what case I bought, I'd absolutely build you one! Believe it or not, that was kind of a spare parts project I started out of boredom on a Saturday afternoon. I saw the case on my bench and just said..I'm gonna do something with this!

I'm glad you were bored and had this case laying around. :)

• Like 1

That's cool. Thanks! :)