IGNORED

Supercharger and Starpath Games

classicgamer74

The main advantages I find with the SuperCharger over modern flashcarts are being able to select the next game from ipod and view the album art while the current game is playing and that there are no vertical interference bars on the screen. I also like loading games from tape and making mixes - navigating voluminous menu systems doesn't feel as retro.

There is a fantastic book out with an in-depth analysis of the SuperCharger's technology covering the games, SuperCharger BASIC and the current retro scene:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/277529-supercharger-and-games-complete-investigation-in-french-book

post-30777-0-38826800-1543676448.jpg

The book also investigates the differences between real hardware and emulation - in the image on the lower right NTSC artifacting is exploited to present a gorgeous display on classic Television that cannot be emulated.

KC_Monster_Maze_R2.wav

• Like 1

I love this thread. While I own a Harmony and like that I can fire up these games from it, part of the fun is getting my cassette player out and connecting the Supercharger to it. Just seeing the whole thing put together and listening for that Supercharger sound makes me smile.

And watching the "Loading" star field drift by on the screen...

• Like 2

I love this thread. While I own a Harmony and like that I can fire up these games from it, part of the fun is getting my cassette player out and connecting the Supercharger to it. Just seeing the whole thing put together and listening for that Supercharger sound makes me smile.

And watching the "Loading" star field drift by on the screen...

X2! :)

The SuperCharger has tremendous potential to enhance the audio as well as the visuals -

Just shared some new SuperCharger games with soundtracks that are different here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/285615-new-supercharger-game-gatecrasher-ii/

Previously had released a game that turns the 2600 into a musical instrument and lets you leverage SuperCharger RAM to record and play back your creations:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/255271-basic-programming-example-with-800-variables/?hl=%2Bjamout

• Like 2