IGNORED

Are PAL Games Cheaper or More Expensive than NTSC Games?

I recently took the plunge and bought a few of Xbox 360 games from the PAL region. Basically, where I live some games are getting more difficult to find and these were quite cheap. I then had to figure out which games could run on my NTSC 360 and which ones I had to play on the Xbox One via backwards compatibility. In case I want to get rid of those games at some point so that I can get their NTSC counterparts if they turn up, what's the deal with PAL games from the 360/PS3 generation worth in general? Are they cheaper, more expensive or pretty much the same as NTSC games? I have no idea and I can't find any resource that shows both prices for the sake of comparison. Oh, I forgot to mention that I got GTA V, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas and the guy had a couple of other games I'm interested in as well. Thanks!

When it came to classic games, some people prefer NTSC versions running on NTSC hardware because the games run faster and smoother, giving a better playing experience. I don't know if that applies to modern gaming as well, but in that case it would suggest PAL games are less desired.

On the other hand we have a different kind of economy with VAT etc factored in, meaning games in general were more expensive to buy which could reflect itself on second hand prices. Again it seems to be the case for classic games, when people in the US are discussing $0.50 or $1.00 cartridges for common systems like the 2600, that seems like utopia over here. I would jump with joy finding any common, loose cartridge game for less than ~$2, even ~$3 would generally be a bargain. Modern games on optical media though seem cheaper, you can find obsoleted sports games for e.g. PS3 for $2 which probably equals what you'd at most pay for the NTSC version too.

• Like 1