In my latest episode I discuss the games made in the joint venture between Atari and the CCW. I hadn't discovered these until just recently as I do not recall seeing a single commercial for these back in the day. Both my brother and me were older when they came out so my parents wouldn't have purchased any of these games for us. Regardless, I think it's too bad that they weren't more successful because if you've played any of them you can see that A LOT of work went into them. They were much more advanced in every aspect from other games from that time. It is too bad that the Grover game wasn't released, too as it was fun (still a kid in there somewhere).

Anyways, did any of you have these games back in the day? The kid's controller? Do any of you have it today and maybe let your kids and grandkids play it? I'd really like to hear about your own experiences with the kid's controller and the educational games. Thanks again for the views and feedback, as always. Please subscribe if you haven't already.

https://youtu.be/PKjwTvKbRAo

• Like 2

I had Alphabeam with Ernie. I used to play it when I was 3 or 4. I don't think I ever played it properly and usually liked playing Atlantis, Dig Dig, Asteroids, or Joust. It would end up in the system every once and a while. I haven't played it since and have been looking to get that one so I can have a flashback.

• Like 1

I was like 6 or 7 when we got a 2600, so yeah, had these. Probably got them for Christmas or something, but I had the kids controller, Big Bird, and Ernie. Always enjoyed them, and kept them in relatively good shape. Now, I always knew about Cookie Monster, from the Atari Stars catalog, but I had no idea an Oscar game was released until this century, ha ha. As I began "collecting" VCS games, I got both of those with overlays. I eventually got all the children's games at least in cart/manual form.

• Like 1

Love the review (including the lion). I recently started collecting these games myself and the following:

Big Bird's Egg Catch (CIB)
Cookie Monster Munch (CIB)
Grover's Music Maker (repro cart and box)
I also have a Holey Moley CIB (purchased from Marc Oberhäuser). Holey Moley uses the Kid's Controller as as well as the Peek-a-Boo proto.
post-21941-0-35998600-1543799371.jpg post-21941-0-74063600-1543799385.jpg post-21941-0-70732300-1543799397.jpg
  • Like 2

I also have a Holey Moley CIB (purchased from Marc Oberhäuser). Holey Moley uses the Kid's Controller as as well as the Peek-a-Boo proto.

I have a CIB "Holey Moley" too. I bought it directly from Bob Polaro and Atari2600.Com at the PhillyClassic4; they really went all out one this one. It is one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

• Like 2