Photo

Telco DSSD

7 replies to this topic

#1 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,208 posts

Posted Sat Dec 1, 2018 10:51 PM

I thought I had a copy of Telco somewhere that fit on a DSSD floppy.  Unfortunately the one available on WHT is slightly too large to fit on a standard DSSD disk.

I have removed all documents from the disk, and am now left with JUST program files, but I'm still roughly 10K from having all program files on my disk.

I've attached the .DSK from WHT here, and was hoping to request some assistance from the group on how to get this thing down to an acceptable size.  I know I used it last year, and I had it on a DSSD 3.5" floppy... I just don't remember how I got it all on there.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

#2 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• 13,207 posts

Posted Sat Dec 1, 2018 11:04 PM

Sorry, I no longer remember the specific modules to remove other than you can probably eliminate all of the terminal emulations like VT100, etc. and just keep the ANSI one.  Also, Telco works best if you use it with a SUPERCART as it can utilize the space to store an extra module or two which can speed things up a little.

#3 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 3,462 posts

Posted Sat Dec 1, 2018 11:04 PM

Here's the SSSD version I have always used.

Attached File  TELCO-SSSD.dsk   90KB   8 downloads

#4 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,208 posts

Posted Sun Dec 2, 2018 12:10 AM

Got it, coach!  Thanks.  :)

It was 2K heavier than my SSSD-formatted disk would handle, but that's potentially because I had a bad sector or two.  I re-formatted the disk as DSSD and it got me all the way there.

Setting up all my preferences now.  :)  Medium green on black, Auto-dial for The Reef, the Keep, and Empire of the Dragon.

#5 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 3,462 posts

Posted Sun Dec 2, 2018 12:24 AM

What's Empire of the Dragon?

#6 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,208 posts

Posted Sun Dec 2, 2018 12:49 AM

What's Empire of the Dragon?

It's a BBS from the early 90s from my home town.  Still up and running after all these years... Not TI based, but a decent BBS, nonetheless.

303-679-0161

Attached File  empire-of-the-dragon.png   19.16KB   2 downloads

#7 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,208 posts

Posted Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:10 AM

The telephone number conventions in the Denver area used to be fairly predictable. For comparison, my phone number as a kid was 303-659-7781.

#8 FarmerPotato OFFLINE  

FarmerPotato

Chopper Commander

• 181 posts

Posted Sun Dec 2, 2018 11:21 PM

The telephone number conventions in the Denver area used to be fairly predictable. For comparison, my phone number as a kid was 303-659-7781.

There were so many BBSes in 303, they had their own magazine, PC Boardwatch, on newsstands.

I went to a local gathering in 1988 where more than 50 sysops showed up.

At that time  I had an Opus (PC) and a TI-Net in 719.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users