Photo

TI99 DIS/VAR Disk

15 replies to this topic

#1 videofx OFFLINE  

videofx

Chopper Commander

• 242 posts

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 3:26 PM

I just found a bunch of TI99 Disks and I am checking them to see if they work. The first disk I loaded says TI99 COM22. All the files are _I extension. I tried loading them in TI Basic and Extended basic and get an error on any file I try to load.

When I do a directory on my basic programs it says PROGRAM.

What is DIS/VAR 80, what is an _I file and how to I load them and run them? Here is a photo if that helps

Thanks!

Bill

Attached File  IMG_3580.jpg   2.7MB   1 downloads

#2 mizapf OFFLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 3,424 posts

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 3:28 PM

DIS/VAR 80 is the standard text file format, which can be loaded by Editor/Assembler. Or you can OPEN the file in Extended Basic and do a loop with LINPUT #1:A$ :: PRINT A$.

• RXB likes this

#3 videofx OFFLINE  

videofx

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 3:40 PM

When I hit 1 for load in Assembler/Editor I get I/O 7 error. Does that mean it can read the disk? 

#4 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• 13,207 posts

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 3:46 PM

TI-Writer, BA-Writer or Fred Kaal's new Editor program will work as well.

#5 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 3,421 posts

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 3:49 PM

I just found a bunch of TI99 Disks and I am checking them to see if they work. The first disk I loaded says TI99 COM22. All the files are _I extension. I tried loading them in TI Basic and Extended basic and get an error on any file I try to load.

When I do a directory on my basic programs it says PROGRAM.

What is DIS/VAR 80, what is an _I file and how to I load them and run them? Here is a photo if that helps

Thanks!

Bill

attachicon.gifIMG_3580.jpg

Dis/Var 80 with a filename _I is for Image Programs and I think for TI Artist if I remember correctly.

#6 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• 981 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:05 PM

The _I extension was used in Ti-Artist. It stood for Instance. Those disks you have were probably COMPANION disks sold by Texaments I believe. Instances were small graphic files that could be loaded for use when creating a TI-Artist page. It would be good to see your collection uploaded here because a certain newsletter editor is always looking for new art.

#7 mizapf OFFLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 3,424 posts

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:14 PM

When I hit 1 for load in Assembler/Editor I get I/O 7 error. Does that mean it can read the disk? 

You need the Editor program. The cartridge loads the Editor on demand. The Editor is on E/A disk 1 (file name EDIT1).

#8 videofx OFFLINE  

videofx

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:19 PM

You need the Editor program. The cartridge loads the Editor on demand. The Editor is on E/A disk 1 (file name EDIT1).

LOL, I realized after thinking that I need the Assembler / Editor disks. I am making them now. 

THanks

#9 videofx OFFLINE  

videofx

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:22 PM

The _I extension was used in Ti-Artist. It stood for Instance. Those disks you have were probably COMPANION disks sold by Texaments I believe. Instances were small graphic files that could be loaded for use when creating a TI-Artist page. It would be good to see your collection uploaded here because a certain newsletter editor is always looking for new art.

Thanks! I downloaded the TI-Artist disk. I will make a disk and see if these can be loaded!

#10 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,920 posts

Posted Wed Dec 5, 2018 9:59 AM

I recognize several of the TI Artist Instances on that disk. They should load fine once you use Artist to load them. I think there is an Artist Instance viewer out there too that will let you look at all of the Instances on a disk. . .

#11 videofx OFFLINE  

videofx

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Wed Dec 5, 2018 10:04 AM

As soon as my new motherboard arrives I will make the TI-Artist disk and show you guys this pics and see if anyone wants any of the files

#12 Ed in SoDak OFFLINE  

Ed in SoDak

Moonsweeper

• 420 posts

Posted Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:32 AM

And the UVETICA1_F is a font for TI-Artist. It's larger since it contains an instance for all the characters. It's based on the Helvetica font.

-Ed

• RXB likes this

#13 videofx OFFLINE  

videofx

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:40 PM

And the UVETICA1_F is a font for TI-Artist. It's larger since it contains an instance for all the characters. It's based on the Helvetica font.

-Ed

I was wondering why that file was so much bigger than the others :)

• RXB likes this

#14 videofx OFFLINE  

videofx

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Fri Dec 7, 2018 10:00 PM

Ok I got TI-Artist running, I load the instance and all I get is a flashing square box.  Show in the pic below.  This happens no matter what instance I load.

Attached Files

#15 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• 981 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Fri Dec 7, 2018 11:53 PM

Hit T for Test and the Instance will be shown. If you want to place it on the screen press enter or the fire button on joystick 1.

#16 videofx OFFLINE  

videofx

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted Sat Dec 8, 2018 4:47 PM

Hit T for Test and the Instance will be shown. If you want to place it on the screen press enter or the fire button on joystick 1.

Thanks! 

Every time I hit T I got to see the picture!  If anyone is intererested in any of the instances let me know.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users