IGNORED

What are the easiest games you've ever played?

I wanted it so bad when it came out as I could school the hell out of the arcade game, so I grabbed Super Dodgeball for the NES. I cleaned its clock in under an hour,

I think Super Dodgeball was intended more as a multiplayer game. I played that game a ton with some of my dorm-mates in college. The single player mode may have been more of an afterthought.

I got the GBA updated version when that came out and found it challenging, so I think they probably upped the single player difficulty on the handheld because it was harder to play multiplayer (though you may have still been able to do it with a link cable, two GBA's and two copies of the game, I don't remember).

If you're not playing 2600 Asteroids on the EVEN numbered variations (i.e. the mentioned diagonal flying rocks), then you're not playing it at all really. 'Course whenever you watch someone play it on youtube or whatever, it's inevitably game variation 1 as usual. :lol:

For me when I think "easy".. I guess Laser Blast comes to mind. It seems super difficult at first, but then once you figure it out it's just the same 1.5 seconds of "action" repeated over and over and over.

• Like 4

I think Super Dodgeball was intended more as a multiplayer game. I played that game a ton with some of my dorm-mates in college. The single player mode may have been more of an afterthought.

I got the GBA updated version when that came out and found it challenging, so I think they probably upped the single player difficulty on the handheld because it was harder to play multiplayer (though you may have still been able to do it with a link cable, two GBA's and two copies of the game, I don't remember).

Possible, hard to say. People weren't as much into thinking that way in 80s console games vs now. They did add the competitive bean ball mode too on that game for 1on1 beatings with AI on the rest of the team. You're right about GBA though, great release. Same could be said with the PC Engine and SFC titles too.

From what I recall, most 3D games on PS1.

I guess developers either didn't know how to scale difficulty with all the quirks of that new 3D tech, or they toned down difficulty so people would "forgive" the crude graphics.

Silent Hill is easy; even on hard difficulty, your character can take several hits from lesser ennemies and only one or two bosses can one-shot you. (for comparison, you can take more hist from the first ennemy in Silent Hill 1 on Hard difficulty than on Silent Hill Homecoming (PS3/Xbox360) on Easy)

It's not to say all games were easy, but really, ost of them are easy. Early PS2 games tented to be easier than late-era PS2 games as well.

Edited by CatPix

When you want a low-stress game to play, Atari 2600 Berzerk, Defender, and Asteroids on the easy/children's setting always come to mind.

It's actually nice to have that option considering the difficulty level of many of the 16-bit titles that become frustrating quickly.

It always pissed me off that the 16-bit era games largely lack an "Easy" setting - or if it does it sure ain't EASY!

Edited by chuckwalla
  • Like 1

Noobow for Game Boy, a Japanese-exclusive puzzle-platformer aimed at kids. You literally can't die, the puzzles mostly consist of carrying objects to the next spot in relatively linear levels, and the game prevents anything resembling an unwinnable situation (though I managed to create one by accident!). Despite this, it's kind of charming and pleasant to play.

Also, Gekisou Sentai Carranger: Zenkai! Racer Senshi for Super Famicom (technically the Sufami Turbo expansion unit). Nice-looking but super-easy action platformer that you'll beat on your first try.

Any modern 2d Mario game. Don't get me wrong, you can die, and die a LOT (and easily) but these games put out extra lives like diarrhea. Mildly challenging to 100%, but ultra easy to just beat. Again, not a bad game, I love me some Mario, but it's still insanely easy.

And if youre really bad enough, those games poop out some invincibility power ups. Mario 3D World (while not a 2D game) is the worst. The white cat suit is the only way my daughter plays it anymore.

I seem to recall Dig Dug on 2600 being so easy as to be boring. Maybe I had it on an incorrect difficult setting?

The A8 port features much the same gameplay. I just tend to zone out playing those endless levels. :)

Smurf formulae on any system = kids game. Hell, even the unreleased Cabbage Patch Kids offers slightly greater challenge. :lol:

I suck at Smurf Rescue. :(

Laser Blast...... Oh my most hated nemesis.... I put something like 5 of 6 hours straight into that game, knowing I was going to hit 1,000,000..... I wanted that million patch so badly....

Then, somewhere around 750,000--knowing I still had almost two hours left of mind-numbing insanity left to go to hit my goal, I lost my will to get the million. I started questioning "Why the hell do I even care?!? This a complete and ridiculous waste of time!!!"

And then, I clicked off the console. The very next day I realized that I would likely never get that close again, and I was sad.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Agree with everything posted so far, but especially: recent 2d Mario games, Laser Blast on 2600, most Kirby games.

I tried Food Fight on 7800 on "easy" for the first time a week ago. It should be called "mindless" instead of "easy." I got up to some level in the early 100s with so many extra lives they couldn't fit on the screen. Never playing on easy again, that's for sure haha.

• Like 1