IGNORED

PAC-MAN RE-ARRANGEMENT - new game (WIP)

Baby Blue Azure

Well here we go again - history repeats! Long, long ago that RPD guy announced he would release his last PAC-MAN game. And then came ULTRA PAC-MAN, PAC-MAN TWIN, and BABY PAC-MAN (in progress). It's all spectacular! Recently I announced I'd release my last Pac-man whack or hack, and here we go - now we have PAC-MAN RE-ARRANGEMENT. This is yet another "hack of a hack of a port of possibly the greatest video game ever made that has a history of being hacked...". (Quote of GORFCADET).

Kudos again to Michael Ferrell who produced the predecessor PACMAN ARRANGEMENT released ca.03262017. It's a great game with not 1 maze or 2 mazes or 4 mazes or 8 or 16. Well, it has 15 mazes to keep the player occupied.

Fast forward to 2018, now we have yet another entrant to the Pac-man collage of games. It MUST have new features or I can't post it. Ferrell's game wasn't just hacked, it was whacked. So badly, it won't work on hardware. But it does work on our trusty Prosystem 1.3f/g (or equivalent) emulator. So what does it do?

1) First of all, somebuddy on here mentions he wants a Super Pac intermission on Pacman. Well that's a lot of work, or is it? Call the Animate0 proc and et voila, there's the Super Pac - he's already in the game. Nobody knows it, but he's there! So I play that intermission at the start of the game and that's it - no more intermissions (normal non-INV game only). I like to play the games, and not have a bunch of interruptions.

2) Second, there are not 1 maze or 2 mazes or 4 mazes or 8 or 16. There are a record new 17! There are 16 and a hidden 17th. Will you ever find it? Well, you could if you got to Rax1000 (by the way, it takes about 65 minutes to run through 100 racks) and I added just the right bytes to make you access maze 17. So for now you'll have to live with just 16 mazes in this version. And now, there's just 1 Pac-man indicator on the bottom. Why? So we can make room for 11 'Fruit' indicators. I wanted to place 15 indicators, but come to find out I need 32 more bytes of RAM. I found maybe 1 or 2, bytes that is. Oops, so we can only have up to 11 indicators and never more.

3) Next up, there is a 'Fruit' bonus-o-rama in this game where you have fruit bonuses of 150, 250, 300, 450, 500, 650, 700, 850, 900, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, and now the all-new 10,000 bonus! And the points all add up the way they should! Would you like to hear how fast GORFCADET could say all that? (Well let's wait for the next new game to be released in the next few days before he attempts that).

4) And added some all-new 'fruit' sprites, like Mars and Saturn. Thanks to Gambler 172 for his help.

5) This game was designed not just for 1 Player or 2 Players. It's for the audience that will collect when you start playing this game. Even grandmas who never play games will want to watch. Don't try to explain the game to them, they just want to watch. You'll see.

PHOTOS:

HERE'S A PAC-MAN 7800 GAME WITH 11 'FRUIT' INDICATORS, NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

post-65655-0-95362400-1543960456_thumb.jpg

IF YOU EVER GET THERE, THIS IS WHAT RAX999 MIGHT LOOK LIKE:

post-65655-0-01603700-1543960510_thumb.jpg

HERE'S THE ALL-NEW 10,000 'FRUIT' BONUS:

post-65655-0-08689200-1543960569_thumb.jpg

THE GOODIES:

PAC-MAN RE-ARRANGEMENT NORMAL (NON-INV), ONLY WORKS ON PROSYSTEM 1.3 EMULATOR, (OR EQUIV.):

Pacman_Rearrange_32K.a78

PAC-MAN RE-ARRANGEMENT INVINCIBLE, ONLY WORKS ON PROSYSTEM 1.3 EMULATOR, (OR EQUIV.):

PACMAN_Rearrange_INV_32K.a78

ENJOY THE GAME!

BBA

NEXT UP IN A FEW DAYS, A TOP-SECRET NEW PAC-MAN GAME CALLED *******MAN. ONLY 2 PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD HAVE SEEN IT. WATCH FOR IT. IT'S AS GOOD AS PAC-MAN CHRISTMAS 2018, IF NOT BETTER.

• Like 3

Fast forward to 2018, now we have yet another entrant to the Pac-man collage of games. It MUST have new features or I can't post it. Ferrell's game wasn't just hacked, it was whacked. So badly, it won't work on hardware. But it does work on our trusty Prosystem 1.3f/g (or equivalent) emulator. So what does it do?

Very cool, I wish i had a Everdrive type device for my 7800 so I can play it on real hardware (when I get mine back)

Reading comprension has improved wonder-full-ee (Evelyn Woodhead Sped Redding Course)

Alright GCC (Gorf Cadet Company) we'll have a new Pac-man game for you to video review in a few days. There isn't a kid on the planet that won't want this ********MAN game! I just got license approval to release it. But I want to make a couple of mods to it so we'll know the difference between what was approved and what was released. Snookered again!

Yes, TrekMD, the normal non-invincible game has the introductory intermission and the invincible doesn't. That was intended. The invincible game is all about blitzing through the racks to see how quickly you can get your first million points or possibly 1000 Rax. Some people don't have the patience to wait for the intermission. It's only 3 bytes difference between the two versions. I could probably tell you which bytes they are if you want. In fact, well heck, I'll look it up right now while my boss isn't looking. At address $CBFD for the intermission you type in 4C CD BE, for not the intermission you type in 4C B6 BF. There, now you can customize either version to your flavor.

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying this game. My daughters Tia and Maria love this game, but Maria is getting cranky and broke the hardware video portion and I don't know how to fix it.

Actung! Again, this PAC-MAN RE-ARRANGEMENT game does NOT work on any hardware that I have. Any attempt at modifying this .a78 into a bin you do at your own peril. I hope all the Evelyn Wood fans understand this Genglish (German English). /BBA

• Like 2

3) Next up, there is a 'Fruit' bonus-o-rama in this game where you have fruit bonuses of 150, 250, 300, 450, 500, 650, 700, 850, 900, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, and now the all-new 10,000 bonus! And the points all add up the way they should! Would you like to hear how fast GORFCADET could say all that? (Well let's wait for the next new game to be released in the next few days before he attempts that).

4) And added some all-new 'fruit' sprites, like Mars and Saturn. Thanks to Gambler 172 for his help.

nice sprite designs :thumbsup: