Photo

Any Established Homebrewers available for hire?

8 replies to this topic

#1 TheVgaTv ONLINE  

TheVgaTv

Moonsweeper

• 346 posts

Posted Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:16 AM

Long story short is that I have a zombie book series and think an Atari Game might be a good way to generate interest in it.  I have a game idea in mind (similar to Berzerk/Disks of Tron).  Is there anybody out there that might be interested in producing a game for me?  Oh, and this would be paid of course.

#2 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 21,857 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 AM

All of 'em.  For the right price ;)

If a game concept appears attractive enough (i.e. spectacular! and within reach), somebody might run with it for very little or nothing.  If not...well...pretty much everyone already has a job.

EDIT: Is it that time to bump the Knightrider thread again?

Edited by Nukey Shay, Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 AM.

#3 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,938 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:22 AM

Yup, the right price definitely plays a major role. If people earn e.g. $50/hour in their daily job then you have to get close to that number. And if a game takes e.g. 100 hours, then you can do the math.

#4 Karl G ONLINE  

Karl G

Dragonstomper

• 735 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:05 PM

I would at least do a write-up of the game premise and how you envision the mechanics working.  As Nukey said, it's possible that someone could be intrigued enough with the concept to want to try to make it.  I don't think anyone here has made a game with the primary motivation being profit.  2600 homebrews are a small niche market with people creating games as a labor of love, and/or for the technical challenge of it.

#5 D Train OFFLINE  

D Train

Chopper Commander

• 107 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:44 PM

And if a game takes e.g. 100 hours, then you can do the math.

it would be really interesting to know how many hours it takes to develop top shelf homebrews these days.

#6 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Gobs of money!

• 25,879 posts
  • Meh

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:46 PM

EDIT: Is it that time to bump the Knightrider thread again?

Not until the first of the year!

#7 Muddyfunster ONLINE  

Muddyfunster

Moonsweeper

• 285 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 PM

Not until the first of the year!

it's a lot of "hardwork"..

#8 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,938 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 PM

it would be really interesting to know how many hours it takes to develop top shelf homebrews these days.

Several 100s.

#9 Gemintronic OFFLINE  

Gemintronic

Jason S. - Lead Developer & CEO

• 9,308 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:08 PM

Long story short is that I have a zombie book series and think an Atari Game might be a good way to generate interest in it.  I have a game idea in mind (similar to Berzerk/Disks of Tron).  Is there anybody out there that might be interested in producing a game for me?  Oh, and this would be paid of course.

The price can change based off of what kind of rights the developer gets and how flexible you are with the game design.  For instance: the Atari 2600 has only 2 hardware sprites.  This makes games like Berserk more complicated as the programmer must manage multiple virtual sprites while not running out of CPU time.

Feel free to message me about your project.  Even if something cannot be worked out I can give you some directions to go in.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users