Just got a ms pac cocktail.. junk on the screen.. here we go

6 replies to this topic

#1 Pm3 OFFLINE  

Pm3

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Sun Dec 9, 2018 11:17 PM

https://detroit.crai...6762916391.html
Was asking 250, got it for 150, looks good shape.. not sure about that flat monitor.. have some chip swapping to do see if I can make her wake up..

Attached Thumbnails

• 00606_7PCMDTLdk4f_1200x900.jpg
  • 00h0h_gOOaBCtAKX9_1200x900.jpg
  • 00b0b_j9UL5hIJOf4_1200x900.jpg
  • 00l0l_7XjitbhXN1U_1200x900.jpg

#2 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you.

• 16,167 posts
  • I deride your truth-handling abilities.

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:32 AM

I think that's a great catch, I'd love a cocktail cabinet for that price. 

My less-than-useful and not-so-professional opinion is attached. 

expert opinion.jpg

#3 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 22,062 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 PM

Rip it all that shit out and replace it with R-Pi, to match the LCD monitor. Saves about 25 pounds in weight too!

#4 PacManPlus OFFLINE  

PacManPlus

River Patroller

• 4,958 posts
  • Atari 7800 & NES Developer

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:59 PM

I had a similar issue: http://atariage.com/...-pac-man-board/

I ended up using another board as nothing I replaced would make it work.  Ended up trashing the board.  Hopefully you won't have the same issue.

#5 Pm3 OFFLINE  

Pm3

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:03 PM

A bit confused about your tshooting, the first post says you replaced all 6 rams 4k to 4r, than your last post says you did it again and it worked. Are those the same rams?

#6 Pm3 OFFLINE  

Pm3

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:34 PM

Well found out it flickered on and off when I grabbed the wire harness connector that connects to the edge connection on the board.. thought forsure that meant the problem would be the actual connector itself, but decided to try my pac man good board, layed it on top of the opened game and connected the harness connector to that board, holding the top and fired it up and everything was good. Wiggled the harness and still all good. Leads me to believe the board edge connector is where the fault lives. Heard they can get burnt over time.. not sure what burnt means.

The person who installed the vision pro flat monitor did not get it centered, will have to try to fix that, the top/bottom is ok but the right side is not all showing, wonder if that can be adjusted in the monitor settings to roll it left like a pc monitor is adjusted

Attached Thumbnails

• downloadfile-4.jpeg
  • downloadfile-3.jpeg

Edited by Pm3, Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:44 PM.

#7 Pm3 OFFLINE  

Pm3

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:30 AM

Well got the board working that came with it.. but did two things at same time to fix it, not sure if it was the burn edge connecter or bad ms pac daughter card, had a spare ms pac daughter card so used it.. and it fired up fine. so no money put into it, a little time. I do see why people don't like the lcd screens, they dont look anywhere near as good as the crt tv monitors.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users