Photo

Color converter for Batari Basic code

4 replies to this topic

#1 MemberAtarian OFFLINE  

MemberAtarian

Moonsweeper

• 252 posts

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:22 PM

If there is something I really hate is when I'm coding is checking for every single color code so I can make my NTSC coded game into PAL60.

So I wrote a little window based program in Python with Tkinter that allows you to change all of them via one click, you just have to select your input file and you will have the PAL60 version in the same folder.

I set up my own columns, but you can change them if you think you found better matching pairs. There is a checkbox, if it's unchecked, it only searches for COLUBK, COLUPF, COLUP* and *color variables, this is the safe mode, as checked, it will change every single hexadecimal number, so if you have used a hexadecimal number anything besides the color codes, it will mess with your code, so be careful.

I added both the executable and the source code into to zip. The exe only works on 64bit Windows, the .py should run on every windows system if Python 3.7 is installed.

Attached Thumbnails

• 111.png

Attached Files

#2 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,811 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:17 PM

Have you seen this:

http://www.randomter...ants_ntsc_pal60

#3 MemberAtarian OFFLINE  

MemberAtarian

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 252 posts

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:16 AM

To be honest, I had not. :D Before this, I tried to swap them in Notepad, but it was not a good idea. :D

#4 Philsan OFFLINE  

Philsan

River Patroller

• 3,763 posts
  • New Orleans Saints Super Bowl XLIV Champions

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 PM

There was a time, before Random Terrain tips and Zoltan's converter, when I converted colors by hand...

#5 MemberAtarian OFFLINE  

MemberAtarian

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 252 posts

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:20 PM

There was a time, before Random Terrain tips and Zoltan's converter, when I converted colors by hand...

It was the dark ages. I made it in notepad, to be honest, but after I learnt Python, I have scripts on my mind. XD

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users