IGNORED

Rikki & Vikki

TailChao

Wow, this game loot amazing! I can't wait to get this. Are orders going to be handled on the PenguiNet website when the game becomes available for order on January 14, 2019?

JAnuaary 14th is today, also my mom's Birthday! :party:

Where can I preorder, or is it still delayed a bit due to development issues?

Where can I preorder, or is it still delayed a bit due to development issues?

It's still delayed, I'm not willing to announce a date until the product is in the box and ready to be shipped out. So just regular orders instead of preorders.

They found a bug so it could be weeks/months before they get it fixed .

The particular issue that instigated the delay has already been corrected, but each cartridge has to be reflashed and I'd like additional time for another round of QA.

I apologize that you all cannot order the game today as originally announced, but it's not physically feasible to advance the schedule any faster than it's already going.

• Like 7

It's still delayed, I'm not willing to announce a date until the product is in the box and ready to be shipped out. So just regular orders instead of preorders.

The particular issue that instigated the delay has already been corrected, but each cartridge has to be reflashed and I'd like additional time for another round of QA.

I apologize that you all cannot order the game today as originally announced, but it's not physically feasible to advance the schedule any faster than it's already going.

That is Awesome!

I appreciate the attention to detail. I can see you take this very seriously and don't wish to risk your reputation on something less than stellar.

We are lucky to have you :)

• Like 1

Agree with goldleader. I would rather wait for perfection than get something less than perfect now. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Next Tuesday = tomorrow Jan 22, or Jan 29?

Both. Don't forget, one update every Tuesday until the Atari 7800 version is ready to ship.

Ah! Looks like it's another Tuesday, and I'm happy to announce the Microsoft Windows version of the game is now available as a direct download through g_Humblebundle.gif, specifically a Humble Widget. No Steam, no problem!

• Like 3

Both. Don't forget, one update every Tuesday until the Atari 7800 version is ready to ship.

Ah! Looks like it's another Tuesday, and I'm happy to announce the Microsoft Windows version of the game is now available as a direct download through g_Humblebundle.gif, specifically a Humble Widget. No Steam, no problem!

It almost makes me regret being a Mac user... almost. :) At least I have my trusty 78' ready for the cart. I am very excited to play this. Looks amazing!

Taco Tuesday delivers! :grin:

Sorry, inside joke from another thread.

No worries, I'm familiar with that other taco... uh I mean topic. Here at AtariAge EVERY DAY IS TACO TUESDAY and EVERY TOPIC IS A TACO TOPIC.

I was actually considering doing a version of Rikki & Vikki for the Ataco when it was first announced. But that didn't happen for reasons which are fairly obvious. It would have been kinda neat to have a simultaneous release on the 7800 and the new VCS, though.

It almost makes me regret being a Mac user... almost. :) At least I have my trusty 78' ready for the cart. I am very excited to play this. Looks amazing!

Yeah, sorry we don't have a Mac version available - there just wasn't enough in the budget. The Windows version will run in Wine, but this isn't super convenient.
  • Like 3

See this - ^^^ THIS is how you do proper customer service and communication.

Good on you. Looking forward to placing an order for this when it's done cookin' , and not a minute before!

• Like 1

John Hancock should have a video of this game and its packaging possibly this week as he made a post yesterday on the AA FB group with a cib copy in his hands already and stated a video was possible this week. So there is at least one collector with it in hand already and begin the drooling stages even more.

• Like 6

Oh, another Taco Tuesday.

Now that the game's packaging is all put together, let's open it up and see what's inside!

Is there any chance you can tell us how "available" this will be? Is this intended to be a limited release? I just hope I don't miss out by being on the west coast or something if orders open up at 7am EST lol

Is there any chance you can tell us how "available" this will be? Is this intended to be a limited release? I just hope I don't miss out by being on the west coast or something if orders open up at 7am EST lol

Sure, and I'm glad you asked since there seems to be a large amount of assumption occurring with this rather than confirmation.

When I wrote the phrase "There will be 550 copies of the Atari 7800 version available for purchase," I meant that on the day the game is available for order there will be 550 copies available to customers. This does not include the copies for the team or sent out for review. After this stock has been exhausted the game will be sold out and we will consider producing additional copies based upon demand.

It is my intention that if you want to play the game, you should be able to get a copy. If there is a large demand to play the game on the 7800, I would like to satisfy that.

• Like 11

John Hancock should have a video of this game and its packaging possibly this week as he made a post yesterday on the AA FB group with a cib copy in his hands already and stated a video was possible this week. So there is at least one collector with it in hand already and begin the drooling stages even more.

Super jealous. :(

I can't wait to get this and review it on my channel. What I've seen looks absolutely brilliant!

Sure, and I'm glad you asked since there seems to be a large amount of assumption occurring with this rather than confirmation.

When I wrote the phrase "There will be 550 copies of the Atari 7800 version available for purchase," I meant that on the day the game is available for order there will be 550 copies available to customers. This does not include the copies for the team or sent out for review. After this stock has been exhausted the game will be sold out and we will consider producing additional copies based upon demand.

It is my intention that if you want to play the game, you should be able to get a copy. If there is a large demand to play the game on the 7800, I would like to satisfy that.

The first couple hundred will sell fast, the rest will take a considerable amount of time to move even for the best games. I doubt you will need to make more for a very long time. 550 copies is a lot to move for the 7800 but this surely is the kinda quality game to do it with! :)

• Like 3