IGNORED

New desktop arcade controllers

Curt Vendel

Thanks...

Im trying to be reasonable with the cost for these.

After the New Years Ill have a dual stick one available...

Next item on the agenda is the PLA52 controller for the 5200... that one should turn out really nice. Just waiting on some final pieces to arrive so I can complete 2 reference units and send one to Atari Brian who said he would fully test it with all 5200 games.

• Like 3

Wil there be a dual stick model for Robotron and T:ME SALVO?

Hi,

Yes... I have a dual stick version I've designed, both for 9 pin and USB so that'll be after the New Years... right now I just want to get things into a good production line on these controllers and then introduce the other variants and specialized controllers after the New Years... Now someone needs to code Crazy Climber for the 7800! ;-)

• Like 4

I finally clicked on this thread after ignoring it for awhile. Almost missed another great product. Looking forward to the specialized controllers and 2600 version too.

They are coming, just need to finalize the designs and Atari Brian is going to fully test the 5200 ones for me to make sure they are 100% compatible...

• Like 2

Hi,

Yes... I have a dual stick version I've designed, both for 9 pin and USB so that'll be after the New Years... right now I just want to get things into a good production line on these controllers and then introduce the other variants and specialized controllers after the New Years... Now someone needs to code Crazy Climber for the 7800! ;-)

Will the dual stick also have the standard buttons, side buttons and paddle? These are looking awesome! Just a matter of figuring out which model to eventually get.

I got a few emails from people that were skeptical on how I was doing an all in one joystick and paddle controller, some even said you can't do that...

Here is a video demo:

attachicon.gif10000000_2012457159054066_8141561449791314604_n.mp4

I'm not gonna lie...I was hoping you'd put up a wiring diagram! I was trying to do this a few years ago and a few people didn't think it was doable on one controller port.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/260387-help-me-incorporate-a-paddle-controller-into-a-7800-arcade-stick/

• Like 1

Will the dual stick also have the standard buttons, side buttons and paddle? These are looking awesome! Just a matter of figuring out which model to eventually get.

Not sure yet, I need to look at what is going to be the best balance of gameplay and ergonomics. I haven't even started on a design yet.