Welcome to BupSystem.
BupSystem is an Atari 7800 ProSystem emulator originally written to assist in the development and distribution of Rikki & Vikki.
Currently it's closed source and only available for Microsoft Windows.
- Sally, Maria (NTSC or PAL), TIA, RIOT, and the BIOS
- Mappers : 16K, 32K, 48K, SUPER, SOUPER, ABSOLUTE, and ACTIVISION
- Hardware Expansion : XBoard
- Audio Expansion : Pokey, BupBoop + CoreTone
- YIQ Color Generation
- One and Two Button Joysticks
- Light Pens and Light Guns
- Gamepad Support
- Save States
- Sally and Maria Overclocking
Grocery List for Future Versions
(these may happen eventually)
- Video - Maria and TIA
- Full recheck of Maria's rendering behavior and timing with the actual hardware
- TIA Video generation isn't supported
- Audio - TIA, Pokey, and BupChip
- Better resampling algorithms and possibly adjustable chip volumes
- Pokey behavior needs to be more thoroughly confirmed
- Quick Screenshots
- Additional Video Filters
- Full Hardware Documentation in HTML Help
- Article detailing the ProSystem's development and commercial life in HTML Help
(these will be included in the next release)
- EMPTY cartridge support.
- RIOT edge detection on PA7 support.
- VCS compatible memory map support via INPTCTRL's MEN bit.
- TIA INPT0 - INPT3 ground path and INPT4 - INPT5 latch support.
- Default settings now favor accuracy rather than performance.
- Disabling EXT only held A15 and A14 low on cartridge accesses rather than A15, A14, and A12.
- Maria's palette registers aren't readable, no matter which addressing mode you use.
- Input merging feature now allows the Left or Right Triggers to be read in single button mode, this more closely replicates the behavior of a ProLine controller.
- RIOT's timer was stopping after its second underflow instead of continuing to decrement.
- Sally's ABS,X and ABS,Y reads now perform dummy accesses on page boundaries.
- Sally's ABS,X and ABS,Y writes are now five cycles long and perform dummy accesses, these previously had identical timing to reads.
- XBoard is now installed by default, but will remain “asleep” until XCTRL is written to.
If you have any bug reports, feature requests, or are just a happy BupSystem user - let me know!
Edited by TailChao, Yesterday, 8:55 AM.