IGNORED

What's the structure of F4 bankswitching ASM file look like?

I've read through the sizes.txt file on The Dig. I understand that to switch banks using the F4 method I should call something like:

LDA $1FF5

or

LDX $1FF5

But I'm not clear on how the ASM file is to be structured so that each bank has an address of $1000 to $1FF3.

I've looked through Paul Slocum's Marble Maze code found at:

http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archiv...7/msg00018.html

That code seems fairly straight forward. However, what is not clear to me is how the code included files are structured:

marbank2.asm

marbank3.asm

marbank4.asm

Would the code in each of these includes look something like this:

processor 6502

include vcs.h

org $1000

Bank1 = $1FF4

Start

;...some code here...

LDA Bank1; call to send the processor back to the first bank

;....

org $1FF3

.word Start

.word Start

Would the references to Start even be needed?

Also are there some other DASM commands required like SEG and RORG?

Or should the ORG's be pointing to a different address, something like this:

org $2000

org $2FF3

If you don't have time to write about F4/F6/F8 bankswitching I understand, but would you be able to post some simple files that myself and others could browse in an attempt to understand the method on our own?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

If you don't have time to write about F4/F6/F8 bankswitching I understand, but would you be able to post some simple files that myself and others could browse in an attempt to understand the method on our own?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

These sorts of questions are best asked on the [stella] mailing list. This forum is designed to be a beginner's tutorial on programming the '2600 - and as such will not deal with such issues as bankswitching until much later in the piece. I'd prefer to keep the forum on-target and discuss the lessons presented to date, rather than divert on wild tangents.

These sorts of questions are best asked on the [stella] mailing list.  This forum is designed to be a beginner's tutorial on programming the '2600 - and as such will not deal with such issues as bankswitching until much later in the piece.  I'd prefer to keep the forum on-target and discuss the lessons presented to date, rather than divert on wild tangents.

Or you could just move the message into the programming forum instead. :roll:

:P

Archived