IGNORED

FS: NIB Panasonic 3DO

yoras

I don't really know the value of the 3DO system but I'm seeing lots of boxed console bundles all in really good to mint shape on eBay anywhere from $250 - $600. None of them close to $800. Even seeing a couple of "unopened" boxes. What makes this one so much better than those others?

I don't really know the value of the 3DO system but I'm seeing lots of boxed console bundles all in really good to mint shape on eBay anywhere from $250 - $600. None of them close to $800. Even seeing a couple of "unopened" boxes. What makes this one so much better than those others?

I also found this listing which makes your statement incorrect https://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL2-cheaper-version-3DO-FZ-10-body-3DO/283244705491?hash=item41f2b336d3:g:3jwAAOSwtcRb38Qk:rk:1:pf:0

That is what someone is asking. That is NOT the normal price. Look at completed ebay listings and they routinely sell for $100-$150.

Yours is new and should fetch a premium price. $800 sounds high but, I am not an expert on 3DO and don't know what kind of premium a new one would bring.

• Like 2

I'm sorry I missed that one. I scrolled through a bunch of listings and saw most of them at around the $199 - $300 range. I went back and sorted by price, which is what I should have done to begin with, and out of the 118 listings on eBay the one you referenced is the ONLY ONE in the $800 range. The next most expensive one is $675, and the next one is $599 for a brand new in box console.

I do apologize again for not catching it, and while technically you are right it does make my statement above incorrect, I was simply asking because I want to educate myself as I used to develop games for the 3DO but have not really paid attention to the system since I worked on it, which is why I was honestly curious to know why yours was so much more expensive than the majority of the 117 other listings on eBay.

While you technically answered my question, I still don't feel very educated on the value of the console so I'm just going to post all 118 listings on eBay here so that other people can educate themselves as to how much they think your console should be worth. I get that yours may be "new" but does that really make it $200 - $400 more expensive that other auctions that I saw? Including other "new" auctions? Again, just curious...

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.38.41 PM.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

19.png

20.png

21.png

• Like 1

I'm sorry I missed that one. I scrolled through a bunch of listings and saw most of them at around the $199 - $300 range. I went back and sorted by price, which is what I should have done to begin with, and out of the 118 listings on eBay the one you referenced is the ONLY ONE in the $800 range. The next most expensive one is $675, and the next one is $599 for a brand new in box console.

I do apologize again for not catching it, and while technically you are right it does make my statement above incorrect, I was simply asking because I want to educate myself as I used to develop games for the 3DO but have not really paid attention to the system since I worked on it, which is why I was honestly curious to know why yours was so much more expensive than the majority of the 117 other listings on eBay.

While you technically answered my question, I still don't feel very educated on the value of the console so I'm just going to post all 118 listings on eBay here so that other people can educate themselves as to how much they think your console should be worth. I get that yours may be "new" but does that really make it $200 - $400 more expensive that other auctions that I saw? Including other "new" auctions? Again, just curious...

Ok, thanks for the flaming, do you think then I should take my postings off AA since I am causing such a disservice to the community? Geeze man, I didn't expect to get so much hate for posting my collections on here. I mean cripes, some dude has a prototype cx-2000 listed for 18k and I don't think he got as much heat from an AA moderator

Ok, thanks for the flaming, do you think then I should take my postings off AA since I am causing such a disservice to the community? Geeze man, I didn't expect to get so much hate for posting my collections on here. I mean cripes, some dude has a prototype cx-2000 listed for 18k and I don't think he got as much heat from an AA moderator

Bottom line is $800 is high and no one here is going to pay that amount. Forums are usually places where people help eachother out and not want above top dollar for their stuff.

• Like 5

do you think then I should take my postings off AA since I am causing such a disservice to the community?

No, I think you should answer a legitimate question without being obnoxious. Is that really too much to ask? Here, let me write the response you SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN in reply to my post:

"Thanks for your inquiry, but my item is still New in Box and I feel that raises the value quite a bit. That being said, I am open to offers so please PM me if you'd like to discuss purchasing this item."

But no, instead you went the route of "Let me prove to you why I AM RIGHT and YOU ARE WRONG" which that kind of attitude isn't going to help you sell your collection.

Seriously, my question was 100% legit. I do not know the value of a 3DO system and I was honestly wanting to know why this one was worth so much more. Why you went in the direction you did is beyond me....

I mean cripes, some dude has a prototype cx-2000 listed for 18k and I don't think he got as much heat from an AA moderator

There is a *HUGE DIFFERENCE* between a 3DO which not only is a fairly common item, but you can clearly get reference for the pricing on by doing some quick research, and posting about a "one-of-a-kind" prototype of an Atari console to AtariAge, who are naturally going to be collectors and connoisseurs of rare Atari items.

ok so $18k for a cx-2000 doesn't fetch a moderator response but mine being a couple hundred high does? I'm not going to argue this anymore ore debate with fanbase because someone is having a bad day. I threw this up to see if there is an interest in my collections and I was going to list more. I just have a tough time with the bias and immaturity of some of the responses because I didn't handle it right

ok so $18k for a cx-2000 doesn't fetch a moderator response but mine being a couple hundred high does? I'm not going to argue this anymore ore debate with fanbase because someone is having a bad day. I threw this up to see if there is an interest in my collections and I was going to list more. I just have a tough time with the bias and immaturity of some of the responses because I didn't handle it right

I have no idea why you are blaming this on me and not taking personal responsibility for your own words.

I asked a legitimate question.

You responded with a bunch of attitude.

This is not my fault.

There is no "argument" here.

Your condescending attitude isn't appreciated. If people want to make an offer on my listings they are welcome to. I don't need Mr. Self-Righteous pointing out the semantics of my responses and telling me how to handle responsibility. This is a marketplace forum, not a platform for you to exercise your opinions

Your condescending attitude isn't appreciated. If people want to make an offer on my listings they are welcome to. I don't need Mr. Self-Righteous pointing out the semantics of my responses and telling me how to handle responsibility. This is a marketplace forum, not a platform for you to exercise your opinions

I simply asked a question about your item. There was literally NO REASON for you to respond the way you did. AtariAge is 100% absoultely a place for people to exercise their opinions and most certainly ask legitimate questions about items for sale in the marketplace. And right now my opinion is that I think you probably need to quit while you're ahead.

I simply asked a question about your item. There was literally NO REASON for you to respond the way you did. AtariAge is 100% absoultely a place for people to exercise their opinions and most certainly ask legitimate questions about items for sale in the marketplace. And right now my opinion is that I think you probably need to quit while you're ahead.

Ok, so you exercise your opinion (in the form of a threat) so I will exercise mine. I don't appreciate you bullying. You are obviously trying to control me being that you are a moderator of this forum. I figure that you will ban me for exercising my opinion about you as you have exercised yours about me. I did a little research and found that I am not the only one that has been the target of your behavior.

I am enclosing a link from a simple google search of arguing with a moderator on atariage and I will post a link

https://twitter.com/voultar/status/1060297242798682112

All I did was post a item for sale and since you felt personally attacked you flamed me. You are no better than anyone else who posts here and you should behave accordingly. As a representative of AA, you personally have changed my opinion of this site that I have been a member of since 2005.

I asked a question about your product for sale. That's all I did. You introduced drama into this thread by flaming me for my question instead of simply responding to the question. I am not at fault here, trying to control anyone, bullying anyone, threatening anyone or am I doing anything wrong or misrepresenting AA in any way. Instead of doing research on how much your console should be worth, you are doing research finding out-of-context posts attempting to disparage a moderator because you simply didn't like the fact that someone questioned the amount of money you were asking for your console.

I just wanted to know why you felt your system was worth $800 when the majority of systems I saw for sale was much less.

• Like 1

We agree that we disagree.

Let's put an end to this.

I don't want to hate AA or the moderators.

I just felt attacked when you put up 20 pages of ebay listings because I corrected you over someone else posting a similarly priced listing after you said no other postings were even close to my asking price