Photo

Just installed my McWill screen (Lynx 2)

7 replies to this topic

#1 hexcor OFFLINE  

hexcor

Space Invader

• 12 posts

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:48 PM

Got a Lynx 2 locally with Checkered Flag for $20. Did a recap and used the Console 5 voltage regulator refresh kit (and pulled a pad for one of the transistors UGH http://atariage.com/forums/topic/285449-lifted-pad/).  

It's such an improvement over the close to 30 year old system! Now... about that flash cart!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3486.jpg
  • IMG_3361.jpg

#2 Turbo Laser Lynx OFFLINE  

Turbo Laser Lynx

Moonsweeper

• 495 posts

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:08 AM

Looks great! Wow 20$ that's insanely cheap compared to ebay! :-o Congrats!  :thumbsup:  :) 

#3 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Moonsweeper

• 279 posts

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:56 AM

Awesome! Did you install the VGA adapter port too? When I did the McWill install originally I didn't bother with VGA but now have been regretting not doing it so planning to take my Lynx apart again and fit the VGA port.

#4 Ninjabba OFFLINE  

Ninjabba

Dragonstomper

• 684 posts

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:05 AM

Got mine installed at ejagfest this year, best purchase of the year for me. Feels like playing on a brand new console!

Edited by Ninjabba, Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:05 AM.

#5 Passive Matrix OFFLINE  

Passive Matrix

Space Invader

• 22 posts

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:52 AM

Awesome! Did you install the VGA adapter port too? When I did the McWill install originally I didn't bother with VGA but now have been regretting not doing it so planning to take my Lynx apart again and fit the VGA port.

I wonder if a similar technique could be used to create VGA ports for other consoles of the time like the Sega Master System.

#6 hexcor OFFLINE  

hexcor

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:51 AM

Looks great! Wow 20$ that's insanely cheap compared to ebay! :-o Congrats!  :thumbsup:  :)

It was a damned good deal, guy said it was his cousin's and had no use for it.  he also had a 32X and was willing to sell it for under $50... I should have bought it, but I have too many toys!

#7 hexcor OFFLINE  

hexcor

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:52 AM

No, I skipped that part, might go back and put it in later. I am not too happy with my wiring so i'll need to open it up again and fix that, perhaps I'll do the VGA adaptor when I do that

#8 akira666 OFFLINE  

akira666

Space Invader

• 12 posts

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:10 AM

looks really great!
I also have an LCD display and an Atari Lynx 2 lying around. Only time is missing.
How long did you need for the installation?

I did not want to obstruct the VGA adapter. I think that just makes the case ugly.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users