IGNORED

Wanted: Classic Beige NTSC Console (Not QI Version)

twoodland

Well now I've done it. Actually, it is a good thing. My son came home from college on Christmas break and saw my Orange TI setup. The good thing, it sparked his interest in the TI-99/4A and we have been enjoying time together playing with both of my consoles. He told me that he would love to have one at college. He loves the TIPI and wants to use chatti, chess and create a BBS. I, being excited that he is interested in doing this, offered either one of my setups (Orange or Silver/Black) to take back with him.

He was happy. Then, he said, "Dad, I would really love to get a beige console and have you show me how to customize it to make it blue."

Which brings me to why I am posting this. I thought I would reach out to y'all to see if you might have a classic beige console gathering dust that you would be willing to part with. I would rather buy one from one of you first, before buying one from eBay.

Please PM me if you have one that you are willing to sell.

I will reply to this post to keep you updated on my progress.

Thank you all so much for rejuvenating my interest in my first computer, for inspiring me to learn more about it and especially for being able to pass it on to both my sons.

Happy Holidays!

TWoodland

I have really fond memories of my Dad and the TI-99/4A. In fact some of the best times we ever had together included swapping software, buying new goodies for our respective machines and chatting about TI and non TI related subjects.

I lost my Dad in May of this year, and when AirShack sent me a cassette tape of B-1 Bomber all the memories came flooding back. At that point "I had to make a video" in my Dad's memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPRyHO1qT0M

If you and your son can enjoy the same hobby, that is a wonderful thing! From messages I read here at AtariAge over the years you are not alone... but it makes me wonder how many people the TI has brought together over the decades.

• Like 6

I'm looking to buy a beige TI-99/4a console.

If you are located in Europe and wanting to sell a beige TI-99/4a then please contact me.
Sorry, reason I'm only interested in a console from Europe is because I somehow got on a "black list" at customs.

Everything I order from outside Europe I have to go pick up in person at a customs office, "requesting" me to open the parcel so
they can verify what's inside and charge taxes accordingly.
That really bothers me. The last time I bought an original packaged p-code card I had to open it, otherwise I could not take it home.
Kinda ruined it for me.

Anyway, long story short if you are located in Europe and want to get rid of a beige TI-99/4a, I'd be interested. ;-)

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 1