Photo

Where to find replacement Atari 400 keyboard?

atari 400 keyboard replacement repair

2 replies to this topic

#1 acromite53 OFFLINE  

acromite53

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:30 PM

Hi everybody. I've got an Atari 400 with a keyboard that doesn't register 2,W,S,X, and Shift. I already swapped the 4051 and POKEY chip with known working ones so that isn't the issue. I did plug in a fully working keyboard from another unit and it worked fine in it. I was looking through old threads and found recommendations for myatari.com. It looks like the site is down for maintenance though. I'm not sure how long that has been offline. Does anybody here know if these are available anywhere else? Thanks guys. You've been a great help to me. 

#2 Nezgar OFFLINE  

Nezgar

Stargunner

• 1,577 posts

Posted Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:34 PM

B&C doesn't have his price list published at this time, but you can email and you'll eventually get a response with availability and price. (Could be a week or two)

I know from correspondence with him this summer he has replacement 400 membranes, so it's possible he has an underlying keyboard too...

#3 BillC OFFLINE  

BillC

Stargunner

• 1,896 posts

Posted Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:48 AM

Hi everybody. I've got an Atari 400 with a keyboard that doesn't register 2,W,S,X, and Shift. I already swapped the 4051 and POKEY chip with known working ones so that isn't the issue. I did plug in a fully working keyboard from another unit and it worked fine in it. I was looking through old threads and found recommendations for myatari.com. It looks like the site is down for maintenance though. I'm not sure how long that has been offline. Does anybody here know if these are available anywhere else? Thanks guys. You've been a great help to me. 

Those keys are all on the same connection to the 4051 chip, it could also be a bad solder joint or broken lead in the keyboard ribbon cable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: atari, 400, keyboard, replacement, repair

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users