IGNORED

FS: Atari XEGS Console! In box! Still in ORIGINAL PACKAGING!

ChozenToRule

I bought a boxed one this year for $250. It was as complete as this one is.

Yep. My offer of $100 was low but I know they go for $150 to $250 all the time as you just mentioned. Dude got it for free, I tossed out a $100 offer just cause. I don't really need it but for $100 I'd take it, $100 could get a loose set easy enough so I tossed out that number.

Looks like just another dude looking to make bank on some older gaming goods. He wants super high end Ebay prices and will need to list on ebay and pray if he wants to get that kinda cash for it as we all know. If they guy wanted a quick hundo from a box in his Aunt's basement? I would have been a buyer. I'm looking to pay ebay prices about as much as he's looking to sell on the cheap. No harm, no foul. He'll be gone as soon as he does or doesn't sell this XE anyhow.

myatari on ebay still has a bunch of them NOS without box & controllers for $130 to $150. If you ask I'm more than sure you can get a lightgun worked into the deal cause he's got a ton of them too.

• Like 3

How much? I'll offer $100 shipped as long as everything is in full working order.

Yeah this is not the place to come for "top dollar." More friends and family prices are what people go for on here.I'd put this on ebay; should bring in $300-$400 realistically.

I feel for you friend. I wouldn't sell it for anything less than you feel it's worth no matter what you payed for it. Friends and family shouldn't try to low ball you out of something to take advantage of you.. I think it's an awesome find in it's condition and you should get a fair price for it. My experience has shown that people seem to get so mad when you don't cut them a below market deal here.

That Is A Good Thought On The Item Offered By ChosenToRule

Very Well Put;Many Of These Items We All Have Are Not Being Shown Proper Attention For What They Are,That Is What Is Being Forgot About,Many Times The Dollar Must Be Put Aside And Look At The Item First,This Stuff Is Getting Rare and Harder To Find,Many People Are Buying For A "Nest-Egg" For The Future :thumbsup:

Edited by orrko8791

That Is A Good Thought On The Item Offered By ChosenToRule

Very Well Put;Many Of These Items We All Have Are Not Being Shown Proper Attention For What They Are,That Is What Is Being Forgot About,Many Times The Dollar Must Be Put Aside And Look At The Item First,This Stuff Is Getting Rare and Harder To Find,Many People Are Buying For A "Nest-Egg" For The Future :thumbsup:

I just can't see that. sorry. Current lifespan of the A8 range is likely to be another 10 years (at best 20)

This stuff is really only collectable to a select few. Sadly - because of average human life expectancy - the interest period of A8 (and other 1980s home computers) is likely to reduce as years go by.

So, in 30 years time - anyone who has working A8 kit (no matter how nice a condition) is unlikely to find anyone still alive who may have an interest in it.

And even if they do so, the quality of 21st century repairs/fixes could well result in the interested parties being outnumbered by the number of A8s available.

And we ALL know what happens when supply outstrips demand? right.

If you're thinking about A8s as "nest-eggs" then you have to be looking to shift them in the next 10 years - and certainly before everyone else does!

:)

I just can't see that. sorry. Current lifespan of the A8 range is likely to be another 10 years (at best 20)

This stuff is really only collectable to a select few. Sadly - because of average human life expectancy - the interest period of A8 (and other 1980s home computers) is likely to reduce as years go by.

So, in 30 years time - anyone who has working A8 kit (no matter how nice a condition) is unlikely to find anyone still alive who may have an interest in it.

And even if they do so, the quality of 21st century repairs/fixes could well result in the interested parties being outnumbered by the number of A8s available.

And we ALL know what happens when supply outstrips demand? right.

If you're thinking about A8s as "nest-eggs" then you have to be looking to shift them in the next 10 years - and certainly before everyone else does!

:)

This sounds like the grumpy old men in their 80's restoring Ford Model T cars because they remember their own 80 year old grandparents driving one of these. :)

Yeah, eventually everyone and anyone will lose interest in the old 8-bit systems. They will be novelties and only good for a few minutes of arcade play. All hardware will eventually be replaced with software emulation on modern systems. I doubt 8-bit hardware will enjoy a renaissance like vinyl records, analog film, and vacuum tubes.

So, enjoy what you have while you have it. :)

When you add in the fact that there are still hundreds, maybe thousands, of these various XE's still sitting unsold at places like Best Electronics, or B&C Computervisions, Myatari, etc; supply is already past demand. Brand new ones already being sold in pieces as parts instead of whole systems.

Edited by zylon

This sounds like the grumpy old men in their 80's restoring Ford Model T cars because they remember their own 80 year old grandparents driving one of these. :)

Yeah, eventually everyone and anyone will lose interest in the old 8-bit systems. They will be novelties and only good for a few minutes of arcade play. All hardware will eventually be replaced with software emulation on modern systems. I doubt 8-bit hardware will enjoy a renaissance like vinyl records, analog film, and vacuum tubes.

So, enjoy what you have while you have it. :)

hope the "grumpy" tag wasn't directed at me. if it was, then:

► take a look at my signature - i'm hardly in it for "nest-eggs"

► at least two replies have now agreed with me - and more or less for the reasons i cite.

► your post (apart from opening sentence) also agrees

my post is based on realism. you only have to watch the same old ads cropping up on ebay time and again - a 1200xl and 800 have shown up repeatedly for the last two years - by the same "unrealistic nest-egg fantasist".

Edited by Guest

I was thinking of getting an XE until I was suggested to (by fellow AtariAge users and fellow Atarians who know better) that since I worked so hard to get both a 2-port 5200 and the 2600 adapter and the two SD multicarts (Harmony Encore SD 2600 and Atarimax Ultimate SD 5200) and two Redemption 5200 units that it would be considered a downgrade just to get an XE because of the quality of most of the 8-bit ports compared to the 5200 ones and I had HUNDREDS of titles on both multicarts. I agree, the ONLY reason why I would've wanted an XE would be for the straight composite a/v connection (as opposed to channel 3 RF) and so I can operate controllers that actually work, but then there's always Best, and you guys.

Plus, the XEGS (and sadly for that matter, all 400/800/XL/XE units) will never be able to play lost gems like TEMPEST, maybe those great variations of it from V61/AtariSales but I don't think Keithen Hayenga is gonna deliver them that like he did for US 5200 owners!!!

A very well equipped and accessorized Big Sexy > XEGS ANYTIME!!!

hope the "grumpy" tag wasn't directed at me. if it was, then:

► take a look at my signature - i'm hardly in it for "nest-eggs"

► at least two replies have now agreed with me - and more or less for the reasons i cite.

► your post (apart from opening sentence) also agrees

my post is based on realism. you only have to watch the same old ads cropping up on ebay time and again - a 1200xl and 800 have shown up repeatedly for the last two years - by the same "unrealistic nest-egg fantasist".

If it was directed at you then it was also directed at me too. ;)

My guess is two people with more $ than brains fought it out on them.

I sell a lot of stuff on ebay… I HATE when that happens to my auctions.. Yea, a big price but, 95% of the time the buyer who bid it up crazy high never pays for it.. I end up needing to WAIT 4-5 days for eBay to get involved...then another 4-5 days for the buyer to respond (they never do). THEN I can FINALY get a credit for it. Then I get a chance to re-list it.

Or I can just cancel the transaction but, I want to see the buyer get a "non-paying" bidder check on their account. You can go into settings and select no allow bidders who have even 1 unpaid auction...

I bet the person who bided this one up to $800 they never paid for it.....

Edited by TheCoolDave

SexyGS?

Nope. 5200 - THE SuperSystem, no XEGS will ever come close.

No 2600 adapter for the XEGS.

No Multicarts available for the XEGS.

No Tempest available for the XEGS.

No highly-acclaimed Trak-Ball for the XEGS.

Most XEGS/400/800/XL/XE titles, while great, some are inferior to their 5200 counterparts, especially games like Centipede (obviously if you compare both ports of it back-to-back or side-by-side).

Edited by BIGHMW

Gotta call a foul on the no multicarts for XEGS. The regular A8 versions work fine such as Unocart, MyIDEII, and the Atarimax flashcarts. Just setup 5 of them this last month and use them on an XEGS. The rest is quite true though. ;) :thumbsup:

post-25215-0-02084000-1546399392_thumb.jpg

I can play 5200 Centipede on my XEGS... (or any other 8-bit for that matter) with native trakball support. And all the other 5200 games except maybe - 2-3? Sure they're conversions and not genuine carts, but after that the hardware is the same....

Nope. 5200 - THE SuperSystem, no XEGS will ever come close.

No 2600 adapter for the XEGS.

No Multicarts available for the XEGS.

No Tempest available for the XEGS.

No highly-acclaimed Trak-Ball for the XEGS.

Most XEGS/400/800/XL/XE titles, while great, some are inferior to their 5200 counterparts, especially games like Centipede (obviously if you compare both ports of it back-to-back or side-by-side).

Uhm. @bighmw...

* VCS adapter is extremely rare, is just a VCS on a card which pumps its video into the 5200, very awkward to use, was made to just appease existing owners, requires modification to work on a 4-port model.

* _PLENTY_ of multicart options for the XEGS, virtually EVERY SINGLE flash memory cart available for the XEGS (there are a TON of them!) are usable.

* Tempest runs on the XEGS just fine, it's the same damned hardware.

* CX22 and CX80 trak-balls work excellent on the XEGS. There are others too. (e.g. the Best Trakball)

* All of the 5200 titles were back-ported to the XEGS, even in commercial capacities (DataSoft did this, for example with Dig-Dug, and Pole Position)

You need to be REALLY careful on this forum, as there are a wide range of very knowledgeable people ranging from game players, to power users, to active software developers, who develop for all of the ATARI systems. If you start being smug, and inaccurate, you'll find yourself being smashed to bits.

-Thom

• Like 3

Uhm. @bighmw...

* _PLENTY_ of multicart options for the XEGS, virtually EVERY SINGLE flash memory cart available for the XEGS (there are a TON of them!) are usable.

-Thom

Just a few come to mind:

UNO Cart

Ultimate Cart

AVG Cart

The!Cart

etc.

Not to mention all then other options available like SIO2PC, SDriveMax, SIO2SD, etc etc for drive emulation and more...