80 replies to this topic

#76 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Gobs of money!

• 26,011 posts
  • Meh

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:13 PM

Aladdin's Castle,  Spring Hill Mall in Dundee, Il. had one of these

I maybe played it once or twice bitd but way too advance for me at that time.

True story, I was at arcade auction in Rockford area (Il.) this was around '88 or '89. They had two, maybe three for a hefty price of $300. God, I wish I loaded up back then - if only I knew how rare these are going to become :_( My buddy might still have the auction sheet with the prices.

Aladdin's Castle, Louis Joliet Mall, Joliet, IL had an I, Robot.  I instantly fell in love with the game.

#77 x=usr(1536) OFFLINE  

x=usr(1536)

Stargunner

• 1,101 posts

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:05 PM

Aladdin's Castle, Louis Joliet Mall, Joliet, IL had an I, Robot.  I instantly fell in love with the game.

I only remember ever seeing I, Robot in two places: one was an arcade in Los Angeles, the other an arcade (not the Trocadero) in London.

One thing that I am curious about is if there were ever plans to build them in Ireland.  Haven't found anything from digging through Curt's documents that really says one way or another if this happened (or was intended to), but that is one cabinet I'd track down if it came to pass that they did.

#78 GoldLeader ONLINE  

GoldLeader

River Patroller

• 2,578 posts

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:28 AM

My friend had an I, Robot cabinet in the 80's...We each had a couple of games in this auction house, which had an arcade area and it also had a furniture store in front...I had my Asteroids game and a Donkey Kong Jr. cab in there, and at times had Food Fight and Elevator Action there as well...

I also remember Two Tigers as our mall had it (with dual flight yokes), but I haven't thought of it in years...Fun game!

I can always count on Atari Age to bring back some great memories :-D

#79 schuwalker OFFLINE  

schuwalker

Dragonstomper

• 933 posts

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:40 PM

My friend had an I, Robot cabinet in the 80's...We each had a couple of games in this auction house, which had an arcade area and it also had a furniture store in front...I had my Asteroids game and a Donkey Kong Jr. cab in there, and at times had Food Fight and Elevator Action there as well...

I also remember Two Tigers as our mall had it (with dual flight yokes), but I haven't thought of it in years...Fun game!

I can always count on Atari Age to bring back some great memories :-D

Food Fight is another one worth some coin.

#80 GoldLeader ONLINE  

GoldLeader

River Patroller

• 2,578 posts

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:09 AM

Food Fight is another one worth some coin.

Indeed!

I sold it for $1500 in 2017...

#81 mr.bill OFFLINE  

mr.bill

Chopper Commander

• 143 posts

Posted Sat Feb 2, 2019 7:56 AM

solar quest is an underrated game.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users