Photo

Do you have a news letter from an old TI user group?

12 replies to this topic

#1 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• 13,494 posts

Posted Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:34 PM

WHTECH has a great archive of news letters from old usergroups << HERE >> but I cannot help but think that at least one or two of you out there have at least one 'unknown' issue or one of better quality images than what in this rather large archive.  So, if you've had a newsletter hanging around for decades, or if you just managed to obtain one thrown in with a recent purchase of TI goodies, could you please check this archive and verify that it's already there or it's as least as nice as your copy?  If not, please post it here for us all to enjoy, while you help the TI community as a whole.  I'm sure once Greg see it, it'll find it's way there too.

If you have one and are unable to scan it, please send me a PM.  Thanks.

• RXB likes this

#2 Toucan OFFLINE  

Toucan

Moonsweeper

• 286 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 8:31 AM

WHTECH has a great archive of news letters from old usergroups << HERE >> but I cannot help but think that at least one or two of you out there have at least one 'unknown' issue or one of better quality images than what in this rather large archive.  So, if you've had a newsletter hanging around for decades, or if you just managed to obtain one thrown in with a recent purchase of TI goodies, could you please check this archive and verify that it's already there or it's as least as nice as your copy?  If not, please post it here for us all to enjoy, while you help the TI community as a whole.  I'm sure once Greg see it, it'll find it's way there too.

If you have one and are unable to scan it, please send me a PM.  Thanks.

The thing I noticed is that there are not a lot of newsletters pre-1983. Seems like if someone had some before 1983 (especially before 1982), then it would stand a good chance of not being in the archive.

#3 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,028 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 9:07 AM

I've been scanning the set of TIBUG newsletters that I have from the Brisbane User's Group as I get time for it. I have a pretty long run of them. . .and most of them are missing from WHT.

#4 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Stargunner

• 1,010 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 9:25 AM

Every issue the VAST newsletter is up on the WHT thanks to Arcadeshopper. I think he put some Yesterdays News up there as well.

#5 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• Topic Starter
  • 13,494 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 9:50 AM

I've been scanning the set of TIBUG newsletters that I have from the Brisbane User's Group as I get time for it. I have a pretty long run of them. . .and most of them are missing from WHT.

I'd love to see them get posted here! Yeah, the WHTECH site has stuff from quite a few users groups, but there are huge gaps.  I've been thinking with all the active TI'ers we have here, it might be possible to fill in at lease some of those gaps.

#6 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• Topic Starter
  • 13,494 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 9:56 AM

Every issue the VAST newsletter is up on the WHT thanks to Arcadeshopper. I think he put some Yesterdays News up there as well.

Every issue... NICE!  

The user group I used to belong to only has a few issues on WHTECH, I'd like to see more of them, as I imagine others would for their old respective groups as well.

Attached Files

#7 Toucan OFFLINE  

Toucan

Moonsweeper

• 286 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 9:58 AM

I looked at the archive and the oldest one I could find was Vol 2. No. 9 for VAST (http://ftp.whtech.co...er groups/VAST/). Wondering if I am looking in the right place or if somehow some issues went missing.

#8 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,068 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 12:25 PM

If you see something's missing feel free to email me details and I'll fix it

G

#9 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

River Patroller

• 2,318 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 3:15 PM

I used to have all the Milwaukee Area TI UG newsletters.  I just looked through my boxes and I am guessing they either got misplaced or left up north; hopefully they didn't get recycled.  Ted Z. might have copies if anyone wants to reach out to him.

For years, Gene Hitz (the MATIUG editor) exchanged newsletters with many other user groups on a monthly basis.  I always enjoyed read through newsletters from across the country!

#10 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,028 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 3:49 PM

Here are a few from TIBUG that aren't on WHT yet. . .

Attached Files

#11 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Sunbaenim

• Topic Starter
  • 13,494 posts

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 4:08 PM

Just downloaded the first one, WOW, awesome quality!  Excellent posting Ksarul.

#12 jrhodes OFFLINE  

jrhodes

Chopper Commander

• 210 posts
  • RUN "CS1"

Posted Tue Jan 1, 2019 4:29 PM

Awesome, more TI goodness to fill up my 3 TB backup drive.

#13 apersson850 OFFLINE  

apersson850

Dragonstomper

• 534 posts

Posted Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:15 PM

No scans of Programbiten there.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users