IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2019)

carlsson

Week 06

Top games
1. Octopath Traveller (Switch) - 1364 min.
2. Heavy Rain (PS4) - 1305 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 977 min.
4. Witness, The (Xbox One) - 848 min.
5. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - 354 min.
6. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch) - 250 min.
7. Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Wii) - 215 min.
8. Halo: Master Chief Collection (Xbox One) - 185 min.
9. Hyper Sentinel (PC) - 168 min.
10. Spider-Man (PS4) - 165 min.

Top systems
1. Xbox One - 2266 min.
2. Switch - 1993 min.
3. PS4 - 1470 min.
4. Wii - 215 min.
5. PC - 168 min.

Total 6112 minutes and 13 different games on 5 different systems.

Third week in a row where Octopath Traveller is #1, though when it comes to systems the Xbox One is back in the top. 5 of 13 games are new, which is kind of typical for the modern tracker compared to the classic tracker.

• Like 5

Played some calculator this week :)

TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition

Code Zombie - 20min

Flappy Bird - 10min

Frogger - 10min

Pac-Man - 35min

Portal Returns - 825min

Tetrica - 15min

For a calculator 2d demake portal returns was a heck of alot of fun. I beat every level tho so now I'll have to find something else to load on the calculator to play :P

post-39068-0-03183000-1550454058_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

DS

Retro Game Challenge 244

PC

Hyper Sentinel 60

Xone

Rise of the Tomb Raider 1043

My Xbox gamepass ran out today, so I binged on Rise of the Tomb Raider during the week to finish it before the deadline. I liked it A LOT better than Uncharted 4. While the Uncharted series has some really high production values and excellent writing, the TR reboot series has it beat in the fun department.

I was just remembering recently how in the early era of 3D gaming that looking at the environment was part of the game. You'd switch to 1st person mode to look around and make sure you had seen everything. Well, I'm not really sad that type of puzzle solving is gone, but I am glad when a game like Rise of the Tomb Raider is able to channel that game element and bring it forward to 2019 (err '15). Somehow they manage to make you feel like you are exploring and discovering secrets that have been passed over by other explorers for centuries. The combat in the game also felt more natural and creative than Uncharted, and the enemy types were more numerous too. I only played the base game which means that if I ever want to buy it outright (outside of gamepass) that there will be plenty of DLC to play.

• Like 5

It's still all Switch time this week (did I mention to you all lately how much I like the Switch? lol). My wife made the mistake of lending me her copy of Dead Cells so I spent a fair amount of time playing that; otherwise, I was kind of all over the place with my games.

My 'big' game time was where I started my Breath of the Wild game over. I was halfway through the game the first time but I went to fast I felt like- I'm having a LOT more fun the second time around! I still only have 3 hearts but I have done a ton more honestly just dinking around and exploring than I did slamming through the game.

Switch

Dead Cells -- 414 minutes

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -- 876 minutes

New Super Mario Deluxe U -- 76 minutes

Octopath Traveller -- 396 minutes

Super Mario Odyssey -- 121 minutes

Tetris 99 -- 138 minutes

• Like 3

XB1

The Witness (152 min)

That was a fun game. I admit I needed some hints in a couple spots where I had no idea how the puzzle worked. But each level had some interesting twists and they came together in the town and mountain levels. Highly recommended if you like puzzle solving.

PC (Win10)

Civilization VI (936 min)

Gathering Storm is out, so I'm playing Canada on King level. Decided to try a real Earth map with RL starting positions. And for the 1st time in well over 200 games of Civ 1 through 6, I'm all alone on a continent, no one else in the Americas, aside from two city-states. Wasn't sure how that would go. It's going very well, actually. Oh, and Canada founded the religion of Hockey, because of course they did.

• Like 4

Week 07

Top games
1. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - 1043 min.
2. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 968 min.
3. Civilization VI (PC) - 936 min.
4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 876 min.
5. Portal Returns (TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition) - 825 min.
6. Dead Cells (Switch) - 414 min.
7. NBA 2K19 (Xbox One) - 404 min.
8. Octopath Traveller (Switch) - 396 min.
9. Retro Game Challenge (DS) - 244 min.
10. Tetris 99 (Switch) - 154 min.

Top systems
1. Xbox One - 2567 min.
2. Switch - 2076 min.
3. PC - 996 min.
4. TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition - 915 min.
5. DS - 244 min.
6. Wii - 40 min.
7. PS3 - 20 min.
8. 3DS - 15 min.

Total 6873 minutes and 23 different games on 8 different systems.

We have a calculator among us! However unlike the classic tracker, Texas Instruments doesn't quite manage to win the systems list here though it makes up 13% of the total logged times.

On the individual list, Rise of the Tomb Raider makes it second entry and this time becomes the most played game of the week.

• Like 6

Here are my times for this past week (February 18th through 24th) on modern systems...

Browser based:

Drawception - 49 min. in several sessions

Pacman.io - 10 min.

This week, I played "Drawception" where you have to give a title to a drawing of your previous player, and the next player will attempt to draw something according to your caption, and so on... it gives pretty funny results if you view the completed games, but there are some good drawings in there as well.

Pacman.io is a multiplayer variation of Pac-Man where each player plays a Pac-Man which grows with every dot eaten and also is able to eat the other Pac-Men as long as they are smaller. The goal of the game is to grow into the biggest Pac-Man on the playfield, but even then you can be destroyed by another player turning into a ghost.

• Like 4

XBox One

Tempest 4000 - 30 min (Wow... I think I could probably get into this one... definitely a different feel than T2K, which, so far, I still like better... Some things I don't like is the momentum and the fact that the enemies congregate around the top of the level when you die. Too hard to recover from without using a zapper. But I do love the sound and visuals. BUT... I am currently annoyed that it doesn't seem to want to let me post scores to the leaderboard. I'll play a game, and then look at the leader board and it says I have no scores. What am I supposed to do to get this to work? I can see friends' scores, but mine won't show up anywhere. Grrr... )

Edited by Eltigro
  • Like 4

PC (Win10)

Civilization VI (1408 min)

Finished the Canada game, winning a cultural victory pretty easily. Sweden tried to win a religious victory, but I held them off with my Hockey religion, haha.

Started a new game as the Maori, who start on an ocean hex, along with the techs to cross ocean hexes and a few other perks to make up for having to find a place to settle. Playing my first Emperor level game, and it's also going pretty well. Civ 6 is a lot easier than the previous version of the game, King used to always kick my ass more often than not...

Invisible Inc. (134 min)

Turn-based tactical stealth game? Yes, please. I'm liking it so far....

Jackbox Party Pack Vol 3. (142 min)

Played some party games this weekend at a friend's birthday party.

• Like 4

I messed up my knee on Friday changing a flat tire- bah. The plus side is that I got more Zelda time in over the weekend. ;)

Still collecting moons in Odyssey, I'm hovering around 400 or so. Tetris 99 has also been a welcome change of pace, I managed to come in second place in one of my games!

Nintendo Switch:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -- 1461 minutes
Super Mario Odyssey -- 430 minutes
Tetris 99 -- 493 minutes
  • Like 4

It was my birthday this past week, and oh did I ever get something good this year! :D

Nintendo Switch

DOOM - 849 minutes

welcome to the club, Jin! I know you don't dig games like Odyssey or BotW, but consider taking a look at Dead Cells. :) If you like rogue-likes, platformers, and Metroidvania-style games, you may dig it. I also highly recommend Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero as well if you don't already have it somewhere else. The difficulty curve for me was awesome till the LAST DANG LEVEL, lol.

I finished Doom on the XBox, so I didn't really want to play on the Switch. If they ever rereleased Borderlands 2 for Switch I'd buy it in an instant, though.

I've got Disgaea 1: Complete and Final Fantasy X/X-2 on my list. My wife is looking forward to FF XII.

• Like 1

welcome to the club, Jin! I know you don't dig games like Odyssey or BotW, but consider taking a look at Dead Cells. :) If you like rogue-likes, platformers, and Metroidvania-style games, you may dig it. I also highly recommend Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero as well if you don't already have it somewhere else. The difficulty curve for me was awesome till the LAST DANG LEVEL, lol.

I finished Doom on the XBox, so I didn't really want to play on the Switch. If they ever rereleased Borderlands 2 for Switch I'd buy it in an instant, though.

I've got Disgaea 1: Complete and Final Fantasy X/X-2 on my list. My wife is looking forward to FF XII.

Thanks Nate! :D I have heard that Dead Cells and Shantae are both fantastic, but there's just so darn many games I want to play on the Switch that I've already got a pretty substantial wants list going and 4 games to play through before I even delve into other possibilities. In addition to DOOM and Sonic Mania Plus I used the $35 eShop gift card that came bundled with the system to pick up digital copies of Night in the Woods and Dust: An Elysian Tail, so it'll probably be at least April before I'm wanting for anything new to play. For reference though, in the spoiler tag below you can see the list of Switch games that I've currently got my eye on:

Physical Games of Interest

-------------------------------------------

Doom: Eternal (Not yet released)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Not yet released)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Metroid Prime 4 (Not yet released)

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

Mortal Kombat 11 (Releases 04/23/2019)

Okami HD (Japanese import)

Paw Patrol: On A Roll! (Don't judge me XD)

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

Resident Evil: Revelations Collection

Sega Genesis Classics

Sonic Forces

Sonic Team Racing (Releases 05/21/2019)

Splatoon 2

Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Super Lucky's Tale (Not yet released)

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Digital Games of Interest

----------------------------------------

Armello

Fe

Fox 'N Forests

Outlast: Bundle of Terror

Outlast 2

Pikuniku

The Switch's game library has gotten so enormous in the short two years that it's been out that there really are tons of games for everyone on the system. I may not be a big fan of super long expansive games in most cases (though I'll probably still get Breath of the Wild eventually) and kinda burnt out on metroidvania platformers, but there's still over two dozen games I'm interested in picking up for the Switch that are either already out or slated for release.

For now though I've been having an absolute blast with the games I do own! I had played and beaten DOOM once already on the Xbox One during the short time that I owned one last year, and I can safely say that DOOM on the Switch plays every bit as well as the Xbox One version! In portable mode the graphics do look a little lower resolution and slightly blurrier than I remember them being on the Xbox, but when the system is docked and the game is being played on the big screen it looks every bit as good as I remember the Xbox version looking.

At this point I've got just one level left to go in DOOM so I'll be finishing it later today, and I just started in on Sonic Mania Plus this morning. I've only played it for half an hour or so thus far but holy cow is Sonic Mania ever amazing, it's like the Sega Genesis Sonic sequel that I've been waiting for since 1995! I can already see why so many people have said this is the best Sonic game ever made, because it sure seems like it very well may be based on my initial impressions. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

Week 08

Top games
1. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - 1461 min.
2. Civilization VI (PC) - 1408 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 1253 min.
4. DOOM (Switch) - 849 min.
5. Tetris 99 (Switch) - 493 min.
6. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) - 430 min.
7. NBA 2K19 (Xbox One) - 182 min.
8. Jackbox Party Pack Vol. 3 (PC) - 142 min.
9. Invisible Inc. (PC) - 134 min.
10. Retro Game Challenge (DS) - 60 min.

Top systems
1. Switch - 3233
2. PC - 1684
3. Xbox One - 1465
4. DS - 60
5. Browser based - 59
6. PS2 - 40

Total 6541 minutes and 14 different games on 6 different systems.

In a tight race between Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Civilization VI, it is the princess who takes the crown this week.

On the systems side, the Switch take the title with 49.4% of the total logged play time. I remember last year when I was wondering if the Switch ever would appear on the tracker, and now it dominates the same. I suppose it means the system has now matured and propagated widely. A system which never dominated the tracker however is the PlayStation 2 which thanks to logging its second game ever, Hypersonic.Xtreme now makes up for a whopping 0.06% of the total logged play time.

• Like 3