IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2019 (Season 12)

carlsson

SMS Phantasy Star was the 1st game I ever put on layaway back then. To me, it was well worth the $75 price then.

Anyways...

5200-

Galaxian 40min

C64-

Galaxion- 22min (clone game, but more playable than Atarisoft version, kinda looks like what the TI version might have been)

I still have my original SMS Phantasy Star game (paid $75-80 for it back then), but, I played on my Everdrive because a team re-translated the whole game from the Japanese version. Some parts of the game were a lot better than the original US version. The story is much stronger...

If you like the game and thinking of re-playing it, try the re-translated version...

http://www.smspower.org/Translations/PhantasyStar-SMS-EN

• Like 6

It was back to our usual gaming routine around here this past week, with a little over 16 hours of gaming time logged. :)

K9Zdixj.jpg

Ineligible
3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Nintendo 3DS) - 126 minutes

Atari 2600
Spider Fighter - 56 minutes

Game Boy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - 97 minutes

PlayStation
Tomb Raider II - 326 minutes

Sega Genesis
Splatterhouse 2 (Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 158 minutes
Super Street Fighter II - 104 minutes
Jurassic Park - 81 minutes
Thunder Force III - 43 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
991 minutes (16 hours 31 minutes) [865 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Sega Genesis: 386 minutes
PlayStation: 326 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 126 minutes
Game Boy: 97 minutes
Atari 2600: 56 minutes

This week the misses got back to her game of Tomb Raider II in earnest, and I spent most of the week just durdling around playing a handful of different Sega games and trying to decide on what to play next. First I started playing 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the 3DS whenever I had a few minutes of spare time, but for some reason in spite of my love for the classic Sonic games I just wasn't having very much fun playing it this time around so I took a few days off from gaming.

Midweek the misses got a copy of Super Street Fighter II for the Genesis in the mail, so we played that together for a while, then the next day I got a copy of Jurassic Park in the mail so I spent some time with that game as well until I eventually got stuck on the third level; which I'm pretty sure is the level I always got stuck on and could never beat when I had this game as a kid. I wasn't feeling much up to banging my head against a proverbial brick wall this week, so Jurassic Park went back in the game drawer and I decided to play through Thunder Force III on hard difficulty. I don't think I had ever beaten it on hard before, but I managed to pull it off this time and only used one continue to boot.

Looking for something to play next I settled in on my old favorite Game Boy game, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I guess I just wasn't feeling terribly enthused about gaming this week though, because I only played it for an hour and a half before saying, "Meh, that's enough," and putting it back in the drawer. I did end the week on a good note though, revisiting Splatterhouse 2 via emulation (which really kicked my butt when I played it last October) and actually managing to beat it this time! It's a super tough game and I feel no shame in admitting that I had to use a guide to figure out how to beat every boss from about the third level onward, because even once I knew how to beat them it still took me a couple dozen tries to actually pull it off. It was still a lot of fun though and I think I'd like to track down a physical copy of Splatterhouse 2 at some point.

Well, I think that about covers everything for this week! Until next time, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 7

Took advantage of the long and cold weekend for the most gaming I can remember in years. My 13 year old (and my brother) is really into our Final Fantasy quest.

NES:

Final Fantasy - 302 minutes

They want to go through all the Final Fantasy (US released games) in sequential order. I recommended that we go through all the NES RPGs instead but was outvoted :)

• Like 7

Here's the summary for Week 03, running from January 14 - 20. We logged 5178 minutes of eligible play, playing 89 games on a total of 14 systems.

Top 10:

1. Phantasy Star (Sega Master System) - 1200 min.
2. Final Fantasy (NES/Famicom) - 560 min.
3. Tomb Raider II (PlayStation) - 326 min.
4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 264 min.
5. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 212 min.
6. Lode Runner (MSX) - 190 min.
7. Spider Fighter (Atari 2600) - 168 min.
8. Splatterhouse 2 (Genesis) - 158 min.
9. Super Street Fighter II (Genesis) - 104 min.
10. Mr. Cracksman (MSX) - 100 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 264 min.
2. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 212 min.
3. Lode Runner (MSX) - 190 min.
4. Spider Fighter (Atari 2600) - 168 min.
5. Mr. Cracksman (MSX) - 100 min.
6. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 95 min.
7. Burn Us (MSX) - 75 min.
8. Mario Bros. (Atari 2600) - 60 min.
9. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 52 min.
10. AD&D: Treasure of Tarmin (Intellivision) - 45 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Sega Master System (1200)
2. NES/Famicom (1110)
3. Atari 2600 (983)
4. MSX (395)
5. Genesis (386)
6. PlayStation (326)
7. Intellivision (220)
8. TI-99/4A (135)
9. Game Boy (133)
10. C64 (117)

Phantasy Star on the Master System - in a re-translated version even - single handedly takes the title on both the top 10 and the systems lists. Too bad the SMS is post-crash, otherwise it would have taken all three titles, leaving the pre-NES title to Solar Fox.

Perhaps it goes without saying, but Phantasy Star also instantly becomes member #357 in the 1000 Minute Club.

• Like 9

It was back to our usual gaming routine around here this past week, with a little over 16 hours of gaming time logged. :)

K9Zdixj.jpg

Ineligible

3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Nintendo 3DS) - 126 minutes

Atari 2600

Spider Fighter - 56 minutes

Game Boy

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - 97 minutes

PlayStation

Tomb Raider II - 326 minutes

Sega Genesis

Splatterhouse 2 (Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 158 minutes

Super Street Fighter II - 104 minutes

Jurassic Park - 81 minutes

Thunder Force III - 43 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

991 minutes (16 hours 31 minutes) [865 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Sega Genesis: 386 minutes

PlayStation: 326 minutes

Nintendo 3DS: 126 minutes

Game Boy: 97 minutes

Atari 2600: 56 minutes

This week the misses got back to her game of Tomb Raider II in earnest, and I spent most of the week just durdling around playing a handful of different Sega games and trying to decide on what to play next. First I started playing 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the 3DS whenever I had a few minutes of spare time, but for some reason in spite of my love for the classic Sonic games I just wasn't having very much fun playing it this time around so I took a few days off from gaming.

Midweek the misses got a copy of Super Street Fighter II for the Genesis in the mail, so we played that together for a while, then the next day I got a copy of Jurassic Park in the mail so I spent some time with that game as well until I eventually got stuck on the third level; which I'm pretty sure is the level I always got stuck on and could never beat when I had this game as a kid. I wasn't feeling much up to banging my head against a proverbial brick wall this week, so Jurassic Park went back in the game drawer and I decided to play through Thunder Force III on hard difficulty. I don't think I had ever beaten it on hard before, but I managed to pull it off this time and only used one continue to boot.

Looking for something to play next I settled in on my old favorite Game Boy game, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I guess I just wasn't feeling terribly enthused about gaming this week though, because I only played it for an hour and a half before saying, "Meh, that's enough," and putting it back in the drawer. I did end the week on a good note though, revisiting Splatterhouse 2 via emulation (which really kicked my butt when I played it last October) and actually managing to beat it this time! It's a super tough game and I feel no shame in admitting that I had to use a guide to figure out how to beat every boss from about the third level onward, because even once I knew how to beat them it still took me a couple dozen tries to actually pull it off. It was still a lot of fun though and I think I'd like to track down a physical copy of Splatterhouse 2 at some point.

Well, I think that about covers everything for this week! Until next time, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

I have a GameBoy. :)

• Like 4

Week 4

Genesis

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 (75 minutes

Intellivision

Melody Blaster: 60 min

Nope, not obsessed with this game. Working on the synth and using it to test play throughout the process. Left it open for an hour though, and used it to play notes, so I listed it. It is a cool game though, being the predecessor to the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series. Props for that.

• Like 8

Atari 8-bit:

Space Fortress Omega - 109 min.

MSX1:

Boxing - 5 min.

Jungle Hunt - 10 min.

Monkey Academy - 5 min.

Rollerball - 16 min.

Super Boy II - 12 min.

Super Cobra - 8 min.

MSX2:

Quarth - 15 min.

The new season of the Atari 8-bit HSC has kicked off with a brand new game, Space Fortress Omega. Inspired by recent MSX gaming in the tracker, I brought out mine to play through a few of the cartridge games I've had for many years but hadn't listed in the tracker since I joined 5.5 years ago. Jungle Hunt was even still shrinkwrapped, and as expected it was the Colecovision version converted to MSX while the opposite direction seems more common these days.

Also I played a good chunk of "modern" games this week (Vii style and browser based) so I almost played equally much of each kind!

• Like 5

Here are my times for this past week (January 21st through 27th)...

Arcade:

Asteroids - 18 min.

Ms. Pac-Man - 21 min. in 2 sessions

Space Invaders Part II - 4 min.

Atari 2600:

Seaweed Assault - 15 min.

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man - 210 min. in 8 sessions

PC (Windows 9x):

Visual PinMAME: Baby Pac-Man - 19 min. in 2 sessions

This week I played a bit more than last week, especially Baby Pac-Man on the Atari 7800. Bob is back and said I wasn't the reason for his leaving, so I didn't feel as guilty anymore for actually downloading and playing the game. I reached over a million points in both Arcade and Classic modes, and I also played the version in Visual PinMAME for a comparison. I also played 2 games of Ms. Pac-Man in order to see if my skills there have also improved by playing Baby Pac-Man. Other than that, I also played short sessions of Ms. Pac-Man and Baby Pac-Man. Asteroids actually was played on an online emulator by Norbert Kehrer. I'm not completely sure if this is eligible because the sound wasn't exactly carried over 1:1, but rather seems to consist of samples, and there's only one played at a time, unlike the original version where multiple sounds can occur simultaneously.

• Like 6

Today was the 5th session of our attempt to finish Final Fantasy. We battled through the Ice Caves to get the floater and then resurrected the AirShip for anyone interested.

NES:

Final Fantasy - 125 minutes

Donkey Kong - 22 minutes

Edited by cvga
  • Like 6

Just one game for me this week...

SNES

Super Mario World - 41 min (I'm not sure that this will be the next game that I tackle for my "Finish Some Games" resolution, but it is one that I've never finished before. I am definitely rusty at it. I one game over already and have only just beaten the second castle. I remember playing this a lot back when it first came out. My brother in law got a SNES the first weekend they were out and we both played this all night. I think he eventually beat it, but I never did. We'll see.)

• Like 6

Just one game for me this week...

SNES

Super Mario World - 41 min (I'm not sure that this will be the next game that I tackle for my "Finish Some Games" resolution, but it is one that I've never finished before. I am definitely rusty at it. I one game over already and have only just beaten the second castle. I remember playing this a lot back when it first came out. My brother in law got a SNES the first weekend they were out and we both played this all night. I think he eventually beat it, but I never did. We'll see.)

I think I was in the 8th grade when the SNES came out- I traded in my NES and ALL my NES games to get the console bundled with Mario World. My dad thought i was a lunatic,lol. I ended up finishing the game and all the secret levels as a kid.

I came back to this game when I bought a SNES Mini and I'm pretty lousy at it, lol. I have managed to at least get to the World 5 Fortress though.

• Like 5