IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2019 (Season 12)

carlsson

I think I was in the 8th grade when the SNES came out- I traded in my NES and ALL my NES games to get the console bundled with Mario World. My dad thought i was a lunatic,lol. I ended up finishing the game and all the secret levels as a kid.

I came back to this game when I bought a SNES Mini and I'm pretty lousy at it, lol. I have managed to at least get to the World 5 Fortress though.

I need to fire up my copy game again. I'm right at the fortress before Bowser's Castle... Pretty easy game considering you can farm for infinite lives on the first level.

• Like 4

My times for the week:

Game Boy:
The Addams Family - 199 min.
Rampart - 51 min.
Beat The Addams Family. Thoughts on that, as well as the other two games I've beaten so far this year, here.
Also played a fair way into Rampart on normal difficulty before getting a GAME OVER (well-timed, since dinner was ready). It uses a split-screen/flipscreen approach, which sort of works. I guess using a different character means you get fewer awkward castle pieces, so I'll try that next time.
  • Like 9

Apologies for my lateness, I've been laid out in bed with bronchitis for the last 3 days and haven't been online much. I'm still feeling pretty miserable, so for the time being here's my household's stats for the week then I'll come back and do the usual picture and writeup for the week later when I'm feeling better. :)

Game Boy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - 210 minutes

PlayStation
Tomb Raider II - 422 minutes

Sega Genesis
Lethal Enforcers - 29 minutes
Samurai Shodown - 148 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
809 minutes (13 hours 29 minutes) [809 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
PlayStation: 422 minutes
Game Boy: 210 minutes
Sega Genesis: 177 minutes

• Like 6

Here's the summary for Week 04, running from January 21 - 27. We logged 3763 minutes of eligible play, playing 63 games on a total of 17 systems.

Top 10:

1. Tomb Raider II (PlayStation) - 422 min.
2. Final Fantasy (NES/Famicom) - 292 min.
3. Grand Prix (Atari 2600) - 291 min.
4. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 236 min.
5. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 210 min.
5. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Game Boy) - 210 min.
7. Addams Family, The (Game Boy) - 199 min.
8. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 153 min.
9. Samurai Shodown (Genesis) - 148 min.
10. Tecmo Bowl (NES/Famicom) - 124 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Grand Prix (Atari 2600) - 291 min.
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 236 min.
3. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 210 min.
4. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 153 min.
5. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 110 min.
6. Space Fortress Omega (Atari 8-bit) - 109 min.
7. Challenge of Nexar (Atari 2600) - 64 min.
8. Melody Blaster (Intellivision) - 60 min.
8. Par Fore! (TI-99/4A) - 60 min.
10. Galaxian (Atari 5200) - 48 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1031)
2. NES/Famicom (482)
3. Game Boy (460)
4. PlayStation (422)
5. Genesis (252)
6. Atari 8-bit (244)
7. TI-99/4A (235)
8. Atari 7800 (210)
9. MSX (151)
10. Intellivision (60)

In a somewhat slow week, Tomb Raider II with ease takes the title. The pre-NES list has various Atari games on the top 7 places, which is enough for the 2600 to yet again become the most played system of the week.

Also this week we have a new entry on the 1000 Minute Club, namely Grand Prix for the Atari 2600 which has logged a total of 1150 minutes and becomes member #358.

• Like 7

My times for the week:

Game Boy:
The Addams Family - 199 min.
Rampart - 51 min.
Beat The Addams Family. Thoughts on that, as well as the other two games I've beaten so far this year, here.
Also played a fair way into Rampart on normal difficulty before getting a GAME OVER (well-timed, since dinner was ready). It uses a split-screen/flipscreen approach, which sort of works. I guess using a different character means you get fewer awkward castle pieces, so I'll try that next time.

You should try PaperBoy.

Here are my times. :)

TI99/4A:

Parsec 14 min

Donkey Kong 5 min

Turmoil 7 min

Classic99:

ToD 15 min

Hunt the Wumpus 3 min

Those are my times. :)

• Like 5

Here are my times for this past week (January 28th through February 3rd) on classic systems:

Atari 2600:

Ms. Pac-Man - 9 min.

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man - 81 min. in 3 sessions

Jr. Pac-Man - 195 min. in 8 sessions

PC (Windows 9x):

Visual PinMAME: Baby Pac-Man - 3 min.

This week there were a few new release candidates of Baby Pac-Man on the Atari 7800 which I tried. For a comparison, I also played the Visual PinMAME version of the game, as well as other Pac-Man games... Ms. Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 and Jr. Pac-Man on the Atari 7800 which I find to be surprisingly hard... I think the original arcade version is somewhat easier to play. I still managed to reach the 3rd maze on it. Maybe I picked a wrong version because it doesn't have the intermissions. I think the release version has the intermissions, maybe it's not that hard.

• Like 5

RoadBlasters (Genesis) 20 mins
Grind Stormer (Genesis) 20 mins
Ranger X (Genesis) 30 mins
Sonic The Hegdehog (Genesis) 30 mins
Override (PC-Engine - emulated) 75 mins

I really need to buy Override for my PC-Engine... however I might get a repro version from how expensive the game is even loose...

• Like 5

Here are my times for this past week (January 28th through February 3rd) on classic systems:

Atari 2600:

Ms. Pac-Man - 9 min.

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man - 81 min. in 3 sessions

Jr. Pac-Man - 195 min. in 8 sessions

PC (Windows 9x):

Visual PinMAME: Baby Pac-Man - 3 min.

This week there were a few new release candidates of Baby Pac-Man on the Atari 7800 which I tried. For a comparison, I also played the Visual PinMAME version of the game, as well as other Pac-Man games... Ms. Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 and Jr. Pac-Man on the Atari 7800 which I find to be surprisingly hard... I think the original arcade version is somewhat easier to play. I still managed to reach the 3rd maze on it. Maybe I picked a wrong version because it doesn't have the intermissions. I think the release version has the intermissions, maybe it's not that hard.

You... play a lot of Pac-Man! :|

Edited by BuckoBrand
  • Like 3

My times for the week:
NES/Famicom:
Double Dragon III - 85 min.
Krusty's Fun House - 33 min.
Game Boy:
Rampart - 92 min.
Tail Gator - 167 min.

Beat Tail Gator for the first time, and Double Dragon III for the fourth (I think). Also started on Krusty's Fun House, and gave up (at least for now) on Rampart, which is as frustrating as every version of this game seems to be.

You should try PaperBoy.

I beat the Genesis version last year (at least on Normal/Middle Road). Got a bit burned out on it, to be honest, but maybe I'll try the GB version at some point.

• Like 4