DIS6502 - The Interactive 6502 Disassembler

6502 Disassembly

37 replies to this topic

#26 Alfred ONLINE  

Alfred

Dragonstomper

• 557 posts

Posted Sat Apr 6, 2019 8:07 AM

The code with high byte or low byte selector doesn't seem to work. LDA #$44 stays that way instead of changing to LDA #<$44 in the display.

#27 Alfred ONLINE  

Alfred

Dragonstomper

• 557 posts

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:15 PM

Now I'm seeing random crashes when I save the workspace (Ctl-S) or doing things like "change to WORD or change to BYTE). It only seems to crash in double height mode though, and only in higher segments, like say the third or fourth. I know it's a bit vague but it's only just started. I'll see a little window open that says "Disassembling please wait...  Pass: 4  Segment: 6". It will occasionally crash in not double height, but that window does not appear on the rare occasion that it does.

Edit: the saving workspace crash seems to only happen if I select it from the dropdown box. CTL-S seems to work.

Segment 6 is the key I guess. I'm actually working in segment 3, although there are six segments. segment 6 is the $02E0 run, so the address/offset I'm editing does not appear in segment 6, so presumably that's why it crashes.

Edited by Alfred, Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:31 PM.

#28 JAC! OFFLINE  

JAC!

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,846 posts
  • Always looking for GFX and MSX for my demos

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:43 AM

Thanks for all the feedback, I hope I'll find time soon to look after them.

#29 snicklin OFFLINE  

snicklin

River Patroller

• 2,209 posts

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:51 AM

Thanks for all the feedback, I hope I'll find time soon to look after them.

If only I had enough money to pay you to not work......! :)

Of course that also goes for all our other elite devs on the Atari 8 bit scene. 

#30 JAC! OFFLINE  

JAC!

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,846 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:04 PM

Finally an update as been uploaded.

FIXED: No more dumps when deleting segments from the segment list via context menu.
FIXED: No more dumps when adding user comments.
FIXED: No more dumps when loading segment with full 64k. Such segment Are now display correctly in the segment list. The dump windows cannot handle full 64k segments, because it uses $ffff as marker. Split the segment if you really need to work with it.
FIXED: Context menu in disassembly window appears again.
FIXED: Strg-F opens "Find in Dump Window". I've check the original V2.2, there Strg-F also opens the "Find in Dump" and not "Find in Disassembly" if the disassembly window has the focus. The reason is that there is actually no such thing as "the view with the current focus", because DIS6502 is not MDI application. All views as simply there.

FIXED: Selecting "Quit edit mode" actually quits edit mode again (besides ESC).

CHANGED: Added Shift-Strg-F/Shift-F3 as shortcuts for string search in the disassembly window

CHANGED: Find in Dump dialog now formats hex outout with spaces and accepts spaces as separators for readability.

CHANGED: Order of entries in the dump context menu is not according to the Windows standards and guidelines.
CHANGED: Comment dialog now trimms trailing whitespaces and return characters.
CHANGED: "String not found" dialogs now also display the string that was not found.
CHANGED: Modal dialog have a proper application title as caption.

There are still major bugs in the handling of the labels, etc. but many things in the code have been reworked. So at least it should be easier to track down the remaining issues.

Find-2.png Find-1.png FindInDump.png 64k.png

#31 Alfred ONLINE  

Alfred

Dragonstomper

• 557 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:49 PM

Doesn't seem to work. All the windows are blank. something gets focus in each window, but it's like every control is invisible.

#32 JAC! OFFLINE  

JAC!

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,846 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:52 PM

Doesn't seem to work. All the windows are blank. something gets focus in each window, but it's like every control is invisible.

Could be an issue with Windows caching the font, please try a reboot.

#33 Alfred ONLINE  

Alfred

Dragonstomper

• 557 posts

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 PM

Code with low byte or high byte still doesn't work.

#34 JAC! OFFLINE  

JAC!

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,846 posts

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:27 PM

Hi JAC!

I found another bug, when searching in the hexadecimal editor (control + f) it does not look for anything when searching by hex for example C921

regards

FIXED.

#35 JAC! OFFLINE  

JAC!

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,846 posts

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:30 PM

Oh yes, another bug. If you save the workspace and then say "New Workspace" it always asks if you want to save. If there was no changes, it shouldn't ask, imo.

The V2.2 always prompted. The V3 only prompts, if a workspace is loaded. To detect if anything was actually changed, I'd have to keep a complete copy after loading and do a deep semantic compare (cannot compare pointers etc.). That would too much investment, so I'll leave it as it is.

#36 JAC! OFFLINE  

JAC!

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,846 posts

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:27 AM

FIXED: "Select next block of Unknown Bytes" in the dump now works correctly if there are multiple segments.
FIXED: Dragging scroll bar handle in sprite selection screen now works (maybe it did in one of the recent builds before, at least now I verified it).
FIXED: Most recently used (MRU) lists of workspaces and files in the file menu loads correctly. Previously the order was reversed every time the preferences were loaded.

FIXED: Mouse wheel scrolling for DisWindows/DisControl works again.

#37 JAC! OFFLINE  

JAC!

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,846 posts

Posted Sat May 4, 2019 5:23 PM

FIXED: No more dump when adding more than 5 files in the MRU list

FIXED: About dialog now shows correct program dates and list of versions for the involved DLLs etc.

#38 snicklin OFFLINE  

snicklin

River Patroller

• 2,209 posts

Posted Sat May 4, 2019 6:07 PM

Feature Request:

I'm using the 'Double Font Height' option and it is looking fine in the disassembly area for my eyes on my 4K monitor. However, I realise that either in a few years, my eyes won't be able to read the double sized font or the standard might move to 8K or 16K screens in time.

So that we're not pestering you in 20 years time, could you offer a "Font size" option, perhaps, 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x etc? Future proofing yourself, and I assume that most of the code is already there for scaling the fonts.

One other thing to consider is that increasing the font size only increases the font size in some areas. Is it possible to increase it in the menu and in the 'Segments for <>' , segment details and 'Disassembly' bars?

Thank you for considering this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 6502, Disassembly

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users