IGNORED

Blockiness vs. bilinear filtering

https://youtu.be/vhPcB6GqDlM

I see many threads about diverse scandoublers, frame converters and like. Such devices are not cheap. But they are needed now, if want to use some retro computer and have no proper monitor or TV - what means mostly something old.

What I use for long time is actually the cheapest solution - if you have some newer PC. The analog capture card. Such thing is now practically free - there is lot around, what people use not anymore. Of course, there are USB capture dongles too, but as I see, old video standards may be not supported. Not easy to find such, what support PAL, especially not with S-Video input.

First half of video is something what may expect to get when using some Framemeister (?) or other scandoubler, converter. In my case it was RGB cable to TV's SCART conn.

Btw. that TV costs about 125 Euros (24 inch) .

Second half is with analog capture card (Pinnacle), SW is Virtual Dub. Used S-Video cable. Description of S-Video mod: http://atari.8bitchip.info/stvid.php

It just looks better.

Note: this is not about smooth scrolling and accurate frame displaying. Despite Atari, TV and camera all worked at 50 Hz in first half, it is not synchronized between TV and camera. Second part is with 60 Hz video between PC and monitor because can not set 50 Hz refresh rate for video card.

And another benefit of capture card: you can record all it :)