IGNORED

Need help with SNUG EVPC

FDOS

In an attempt to improve the video output of my SNUG TI-99/4P system, I apparently did damage to the EVPC card. All of my RGB monitors have disappeared from our garage, so some years ago I did purchase a AV-1 15k RGB CGA/ Component YCbCr to VGA Converter. It did not work with either of my 9640 Geneves. I had never tried it with the SNUG TI system until recently. It was working marginally,but not acceptably, so I searched on-line for a 15Khz Scaler/Converter to VGA. I continued to use the AV-1 while waiting for the new one to arrive. The vertical lines, and the tearing horizontally when ever I changed from 28 col to 40 col or to 80 col and back was very hard on my eyes, but I really need this to work, so I can check out both 9640 Geneve systems (2MB GenMOD & 512K w/MEMEX) so I can offer them here for trade or on eBay for cash. I prefer that someone here that will actually use them as they will include WHT SCSI controller cards and other goodies to be decide on at that time (also depending on my success at getting everything possible to work with either Geneve. Everything that works will be listed at that time.

I intend to keep the SNUG TI system and two of my TI-99/4A consoles that have F18A and USB modifications along with my 3 NanoPEB sidecars (V1, V2 & F18 V1). Some items I will pass on to friends (TI users) or to Omega for real newbies. Lots of stuff I haven't used in several decades or so.

This also means that I have stuff that would go to whoever helps me with my EVPC problem, as during the effort to improve the EVPC output with the new scaler/converter the EVPC no longer works with either.

So anyone game?

Bill

In an attempt to improve the video output of my SNUG TI-99/4P system, I apparently did damage to the EVPC card. All of my RGB monitors have disappeared from our garage, so some years ago I did purchase a AV-1 15k RGB CGA/ Component YCbCr to VGA Converter. It did not work with either of my 9640 Geneves. I had never tried it with the SNUG TI system until recently. It was working marginally,but not acceptably, so I searched on-line for a 15Khz Scaler/Converter to VGA. I continued to use the AV-1 while waiting for the new one to arrive. The vertical lines, and the tearing horizontally when ever I changed from 28 col to 40 col or to 80 col and back was very hard on my eyes, but I really need this to work, so I can check out both 9640 Geneve systems (2MB GenMOD & 512K w/MEMEX) so I can offer them here for trade or on eBay for cash. I prefer that someone here that will actually use them as they will include WHT SCSI controller cards and other goodies to be decide on at that time (also depending on my success at getting everything possible to work with either Geneve. Everything that works will be listed at that time.

I intend to keep the SNUG TI system and two of my TI-99/4A consoles that have F18A and USB modifications along with my 3 NanoPEB sidecars (V1, V2 & F18 V1). Some items I will pass on to friends (TI users) or to Omega for real newbies. Lots of stuff I haven't used in several decades or so.

This also means that I have stuff that would go to whoever helps me with my EVPC problem, as during the effort to improve the EVPC output with the new scaler/converter the EVPC no longer works with either.

So anyone game?

Bill

get a scart monitor such as the Samsung 910mp and the scart genie from chris's store and you are golden on a geneve.. 910's are on ebay pretty much regularly for about $100

Greg

Bill, I'd be interested in one of the Geneves.... been looking for one at a good price for a while. :)

Be aware that it will be some time before the Geneves are fully setup and ready. I would prefer that they go as complete systems. Both will have MEMEX memory expansion, a full 2MB for the GenMod, but only 504K for the PFM512K; also want both to have WHT SCSI controller cards. An option for both will be a SCSI to CF card adapter, and TI Speech Synthesizer (no case) with PEB adapter. Tons of original software on diskette, also available, including every version of MDOS, and all WHT SCSI apps released.

Bill

get a scart monitor such as the Samsung 910mp and the scart genie from chris's store and you are golden on a geneve.. 910's are on ebay pretty much regularly for about $100

Greg

Won't help until after EVPC is fixed, and I have $100 to spare. I won't be over Christmas for some time to come.

Afraid I am not able to help with the EVPC issue, however, I am very much interested in a GenMOD system so I can do additional development work with the TIPI for the Geneve.

Beery

Beery, please recheck the original post to see my previous response to others regarding my two Geneve systems.