Jump to content

Photo

DASM Error


6 replies to this topic

#1 BNE Jeff OFFLINE  

BNE Jeff

    Moonsweeper

  • 359 posts
  • Location:$5787

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 PM

Anybody know what this error means?

C:\Atari\dasm>dasm BP7e.asm -f3 -v0 -sBP7e.sym -lBP7e.lst -oBP7e.bin
segment: CODE fffa                    vs current org: 10000
 ---- 27 bytes before end of RAM
 ---- 206 bytes free before end of cart.

BP7e.asm (2598): error: Origin Reverse-indexed.

Its my NMI vector but it all looks fine to me:

InitSystem:
 
        CLEAN_START         
                
        		
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    ORG $FFFA        ; set address to 6507 Interrupt Vectors 
    .WORD InitSystem ; NMI
    .WORD InitSystem ; RESET
    .WORD InitSystem ; IRQ

I've been changing/adding code and I did notice my last successful compile had a much different bytes free amount though I'm sure I didn't add 250 bytes on the last changes I made.

C:\Atari\dasm>dasm BP7d.asm -f3 -v0 -sBP7d.sym -lBP7d.lst -oBP7d.bin
 ---- 27 bytes before end of RAM
 ---- 462 bytes free before end of cart.

Complete.


#2 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

    Processorus Polyglotus

  • 5,729 posts
  • Coding something good
  • Location:Mexico City

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 PM

It means your ORG directive gets back the instruction pointer.

 

Another way of saying it is that the current instruction pointer is farther than the address in ORG directive.



#3 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

    Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

  • 23,843 posts
  • Always left from right here!
  • Location:Düsseldorf, Germany, Europe, Earth

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:01 PM

I've been changing/adding code and I did notice my last successful compile had a much different bytes free amount though I'm sure I didn't add 250 bytes on the last changes I made.

Do you have an ALIGN 256 statement in your code? If that is currently at e.g. $f800 and you add just one byte before, your loose another 255 bytes from alignment.

#4 BNE Jeff OFFLINE  

BNE Jeff

    Moonsweeper

  • Topic Starter
  • 359 posts
  • Location:$5787

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:21 PM

Thanks Thomas- that was it.  I have like 3 align 256s..



#5 BNE Jeff OFFLINE  

BNE Jeff

    Moonsweeper

  • Topic Starter
  • 359 posts
  • Location:$5787

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:31 PM

After resolving this, I added more code and got a different error.  Is this also due to running out of space?  I took out the other two align 256 but it didn't help. 

C:\Atari\dasm>dasm BP7f.asm -f3 -v0 -sBP7f.sym -lBP7f.lst -oBP7f.bin
--- Unresolved Symbol List
TransformerGfx           0000 ????         (R )
StartScreen              0000 ????         (R )
StaticDisplay            0000 ????         (R )
PFx_Segment_G_Tab        0000 ????         (R )
AddToScore               0000 ????         (R )
TopBand0                 0000 ????         (R )
TopBand1                 0000 ????         (R )
TopBand2                 0000 ????         (R )
PFx_Segment_BF_Tab       0000 ????         (R )
COIN_HEIGHT              0000 ????         (R )
COLOR_HEIGHT             0000 ????         (R )
PLAYER1_HEIGHT           0000 ????         (R )
PLAYER0_HEIGHT           0000 ????         (R )
PFx_Segment_CE_Tab       0000 ????         (R )
PFx_Segment_A_Tab        0000 ????         (R )
CallFromKernal           0000 ????         (R )
TestPattern              0000 ????         (R )
PFx_Segment_D_Tab        0000 ????         (R )
Player0Gfx               0000 ????         (R )
CoinColor                0000 ????         (R )
PlayerColor              0000 ????         (R )
Player1Gfx               0000 ????         (R )
--- 22 Unresolved Symbols

 ---- 27 bytes before end of RAM


Fatal assembly error: Source is not resolvable.


#6 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

    Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

  • 23,843 posts
  • Always left from right here!
  • Location:Düsseldorf, Germany, Europe, Earth

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:34 PM

That looks like the labels listed are not assembled. Probably a missing ENDIF.



#7 BNE Jeff OFFLINE  

BNE Jeff

    Moonsweeper

  • Topic Starter
  • 359 posts
  • Location:$5787

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:45 PM

Similar to that I think.

 

I put in:

Kernel SUBROUTINE

.loop

.jump  

   END SUBROUTINE

Apparently, END SUBROUTINE is a bad idea.  Once I removed it, everything cleared up.

 

Thanks again!






0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users