Photo

Video and switch problems

4 replies to this topic

#1 NickFolino OFFLINE  

NickFolino

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:22 PM

Hi everyone.  I'm a long time lurker here.  I have a few problems with a recently acquired Sears heavy sixer.  I've already cleaned all the switches and reflowed some bad joints.  This unit has been worked on in the past and the volt regulator was replaced and some soldering at the power and controller ports.  Right now I have bad video and some switches with broken/missing springs.  See the attachments for photo of video issue.  Any ideas?  I've tried multiple cables and reflowed the video jack on the board as it was loose.  Neither of those fixed it.

Second problem is the select and reset switches.  They operate like regular toggle switches.  I haven't opened them up yet, but am guessing the springs are broken.  Is this something that can be fixed with new springs?  If so, any hints on what type/where to look for new springs?

Does anyone have a picture of the regulator/heatsink on a Sears heavy?  Whoever replaced it did a hell of a hack job and I'd like to make it somewhat close to normal as I start operating on this guy.

Thanks!

Nick

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190112_154318.jpg
  • 20190112_154311.jpg

#2 zylon OFFLINE  

zylon

Quadrunner

• 6,810 posts
  • 5200 OE HSC Mod

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 PM

I'd guess failing RF modulator on that one, or still using crappy switchbox.

Attached Thumbnails

• game repairs 163.jpg
  • game repairs 162.jpg

#3 NickFolino OFFLINE  

NickFolino

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:56 AM

Thanks zylon. I'll look there.

#4 NickFolino OFFLINE  

NickFolino

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:34 AM

And now it works! For some reason this one uses channel 2. No switch to change it.

#5 Love Cowboy OFFLINE  

Love Cowboy

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:19 PM

And now it works! For some reason this one uses channel 2. No switch to change it.

IIRC, that is common to heavy sixers

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users